wapadrand

Anyone know this one?

Yes. Owned by harryc on this forum but sold about a year ago. It was obd2 hence the slightly uprated bhp. Lovely car which I saw once. It rolled into a tree while parked I seem to recall, and he had the bodywork done, hence so few marks now. Also had a warm start issue which I think he fixed in the end.

It used to have black cloth recaros in it which I swapped for my standard black cloth interior. So the recaros are in mine now :) Sold it to a guy who was going to use it as a track day car and was going to take it to the ring.

Owners thread here:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?48324-Black-Magic-VR6-Turbo-shopping-list-started&p=683184#post683184

It's only done 5k miles since Harry sold in 2011.

Would start on one rotation when cold and third rotation when warm , indicate it still has a warm start problem?

3 rotations sounds fine to me. VR's are notorious for warm start issues so 3 wouldnt concern me in the slightest. Mine sometimes takes longer. It was a lovely car and he did care for it. It seems to have had an alloy swap. The only question would be how the track day owner treated it.

Thanks both. Looked an interesting possibility, but the track car bit would worry me. Looking for something with very good bodywork, otherwise I will spend money on fixing mine up which has a fair bit of rust on at the moment.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

3 rotations sounds fine to me. VR's are notorious for warm start issues so 3 wouldnt concern me in the slightest. Mine sometimes takes longer. It was a lovely car and he did care for it. It seems to have had an alloy swap. The only question would be how the track day owner treated it.

Noticed the wheels - off a Storm.

Mine takes a touch longer to start when warm, so don't think that is much of an issue.

Sounds as if eBay advert has a lot of HarryC's work described.

Read his thread...ended abruptly! Just sold and bought a Scirocco.

Edited by wapadrand

The guys that bought it for track sold it on, this owner has had it since Feb.

Know anything about its current condition or what the track guys did with it?

Do people actually go and view / test drive cars anymore? Or do they now want a 5 page dossier on it's history before they'll get off their arses and take a punt like in the good old days?

The starting times sound absolutely normal for a VR6.

Do people actually go and view / test drive cars anymore? Or do they now want a 5 page dossier on it's history before they'll get off their arses and take a punt like in the good old days?

The starting times sound absolutely normal for a VR6.

Yes we do, seen three in the last five days. Thought it might be helpful to find out if anyone knows about the car before making a significant trip, and have now had some useful background to help decide if it's worth making contact with owner and possibly the trip.

With respect to starting times, cold and warm, said earlier sounds just like my current one!

Know anything about its current condition or what the track guys did with it?

No sorry I don't , it's just enquiries I've made with the current owners , it's to far for me to just take a drive down , so I ask as much upfront as I can. If I was local I'd check it out.

Is this one any closer for you? guys just dropped the price , he says no offers but he might shift.

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/volkswagen/corrado/volkswagen-corrado-vr6-1995/701827

Spotted this black one outside its house about an hour ago,

Looked gleaming!

If your serious about the car let me know I could always view it and let you know if its worth a trip.

even i put a bid in on this...!!!!! outbid thankfully...... her in doors would kill me