Sign in to follow this  
phaserno1

!!Petrol!!

:mad: Tax makes me mad. Says to me that we are paying for the government's budget shortfalls, by way of our hard earned (and already taxed to hell) earnings. I agree that there are needs for taxation, as revenues the government generates are not enough to sustain public services such as the NHS. But when you think of the various taxes in place...

capital gains tax, inheritance, national insurance, car tax, council tax... ....to name a few. Now, look at the other ways that motorists are bled dry... speeding fines, tolls (this REALLY p*sses me off - WHAT THE HELL DO YOU PAY ROAD TAX FOR?), petrol tax (f'ck you 2 Jags). Coupled with astronomical insurance (and VW stealer prices) it's almost enough to make you sell your car and get a bike. (Did that, missed the car too much, bit the bullet and returned to being a tax whipping boy.)

*sigh*

I had to fill up at a motorway service station the other day, and it was 85.9p for Ultimate!!! Almost cried, the tank cost me over £55!!!! :mad:

I totaly know what you mean Bolster, the end of this year will be my 6th trip to Oz in 4 years i totaly love the place, last sep i spent 5 1/2 months on the west coast...ummmm

Slightly off the topic but where are you going in Oz or where are you from?? :D

we should make one that runs on mashed up modded corsas like the blue one shown today in the forum... that should put them to a good use.... :D

Filled up again today at 88.9p per litre!! :mad: :mad: It's getting ridiculous now and apparently it's only going to get worse, what I said above looks more and more likely methinks :x :roll:

i fill up and it is easly £55.00 a week LOL..... when i was giving my mate a lift one day he was like OMG you pay how much a week

he says he pays £5 maxxxxx a week on his 50cc moped..... ohhhhh well student life is poor (money wise lol)

don't bet on the lpg conversions either. labour want to phase out the tax breaks now and put the prices up to match unleaded as they believe the newest diesels are as efficient and as clean as lpg so it negates the use for lpg.

typical government. get people dependant on a cheap source of fuel (buying the tank and coversions) and then hike up the prices.

assholes :evil:

Thats what they did with Diesel last time wasn't it? Put a load of tax breaks on it when the government was pushing people to buy diesel for the sake of the environment, and then when loads of people had bought them, they bought the tax right back in line with the other fuels.

God I can't wait for the next general election. Its gonna be a landslide.

What you lot need is a site like this, prices here are a bit old but the theroy behind it is great.

http://www.yrl.co.uk/~tony/fuel2/fuel2.html

I bet if Every Car forum in the UK got together for a Petrol Forum, you could lobby the UK gov to do something about it. The site would be Massive, Im sure people would be happy to donate say £1 for joining (to pay for the site) in the hope that it could save them money. All you need do then is break into the press and your sorted. The Media would have a field day. There is bound to be a revolt on it all soon. Why not do speed cameras while you at it. The motorist is the biggest consumer group in the UK (outside of food stuffs), Why wont someone do something.

I dont live in the UK anymore but i would be behind it. What ready stinks for you guys is the Petrol In GIbralter is so cheap, NO TAX i believe. In spain i pay 80-90Cents per litre depending on the fuel i use. but in Gib its less than 60p (need to check the prices)

The same thing in happening here in Portugal! :x

Prices go up everyday! :shock:

I said everyday!

I am going nuts with this! :mad:

Don´t understand why... :?

Shell and BP are very expensive!

Spanish petrol is a little bit cheaper...

Thank God i´ve got Repsol and Cepsa near me! :roll:

81.9 here in sunny North Yorkshire - Nearly 50 quid for a full tank!! :shock: - This is not good news for tight northeren folk!

NjA.

You aint gotta be tight to realise thats a fappin rip off mate.

The government should be adjusting the tax slightly, as with the increase in oil costs they are pulling in loads of additional revenue through tax. So they could help matters by slightly trimming the fuel duty as it wouldn't cost them anything.. but no, they are going to sit and let us suffer.

and thump us even more if they have the brass neck to continue with their planned fuel tax rise due later this year :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well amazingly Brown is considering axeing that because the current price hikes from OPEC are bringing in an additional £3 billion to the treasury.

Should help pay for a few more speed cameras eh :mad: :mad: :x

I wasn't really aware of the hike in price as I never look at the pump price when filling up, but last week I gave up at £51.63 as that was just 60 litres worth!

I can't wait for my re-chip... 222 miles on £40! :shock: :cry:

I know that I've set her up to run rich until the rolling road session, but that's just painful at the moment... This government needs a serious re-education, preferably with the aid of a baseball bat... ;) :roll:

We need some petrol strikes I think.. the government needs to learn that we are fed up of getting so ripped off at the pumps, and with the road tax, and with the crazy amount of speed cameras waiting to nabble us at every opportunity.

Unlike you to encourage anarchy Jim :wink:

The goverment are already concerned about the fuel situation and are currently in crisis meetings, so says News 24 at least.

I think this time the rises are due to the oil companys getting greedy again, rather than the Chancellor getting greedy.

It's putting haulage companies out of business and making the rest of us cry at the pumps.

I'm not one for conspiracy theory's, but just what the feck is going on with this stupid country?

Same over in NL and D, prices going up, governments doing zip, nada, we need a revolution, as the OPEC/governments/petrol companies all realise that we're willing to take A LOT of pain. When will we stop driving cars? Ask yourself just that question ...

Tempest

I'm not particularly anarchic Kev.. in fact I go out of my way to just have an easy quiet life. But i'm just fed up of paying so much into the government, only to see them squandering it all away whilst totally avoiding the real issues in this country.. the increase in crime (which they declare is falling!), the state of immigration, etc - the country is a mess, and its just quite frustrating to see it.

Yeah this is down to OPEC from what I have read, but the knock on effect has been an increase in revenue for the government as well.. so the best they could do would be to axe their taxes a bit of fuel to bring it back in line again.

Unlike you to encourage anarchy Jim :wink:

The goverment are already concerned about the fuel situation and are currently in crisis meetings, so says News 24 at least.

I think this time the rises are due to the oil companys getting greedy again, rather than the Chancellor getting greedy.

It's putting haulage companies out of business and making the rest of us cry at the pumps.

I'm not one for conspiracy theory's, but just what the feck is going on with this stupid country?