Sign in to follow this  
<neil>

Tornado Red 1.8 16v for £500 in Edinburgh

1.8 16v | Tornado Red | Edinburgh

Price: £500

Description:

1990 VW Corrado 1.8 16V for sale in Tornado Red for £500 ONO. No tax or MOT so sold as spares/repairs (drives but will need trailered away due to this). I have owned for ~17 months and added ~10,000 miles in that time - now on ~139,000 miles. Full VW service history until 111,000 miles (timing belt replaced during this service). A previous owner had it lowered ~70mm but I swapped for stock suspension (springs & dampers + 4-wheel alignment) so I could actually drive around town - ride is significantly improved now but I still have the lowered suspension and will include in the sale. Only other modifications are Scorpion exhaust, 15" diamond-cut Estoril alloys, K&N panel filter and tinted windows (all by previous owners other than air filter). Used almost daily for the first 12 months of my ownership but has been sitting since MOT expired in the summer. Selling as I do not need a car any more and have no time to work on it.

The most noticeable issue is that the power steering pump needs replaced. The previous owner was using red ATF fluid rather than the correct green CHF11 fluid. This has affected the steering rack seals and resulted in damage to the power steering pump. This may only require new steering rack seals and pump, but I had the opportunity to buy a full second hand rack/pump/pipes set, which I will include in the sale. The front suspension bushes and ARB drop-links need replaced, probably due to increased wear from the lowered suspension used by the previous owners. I also suspect the thermostat is stuck and should be replaced.

Spares included in sale: second hand steering rack, pump & pipes; rubber roof trim; alternator; alternator belt; brake pads; front & rear lowered suspension (springs & dampers); genuine Corrado floormats.

Features:

* Unmodified 136bhp 1.8l 16V 4-cylinder KR engine

* Rare oil pressure and battery voltage dials fitted

* Electric sunroof (tilts and slides)

* Electric spoiler (raises/lowers on interior switch but not speed sensor)

* Heated wing mirrors

* Black cloth interior in good condition

* Clifford immobiliser

* Pioneer stereo with USB port & 6x9 JBL speakers on parcel shelf

* Nearly new Kumho KU31 185/55 tyres on front; Dunlop Eagle F1 GS-D2 on back

* Nearly new front & gearbox engine mounts

Bad points:

* New power steering rack & pump required (second hand rack, pump & pipes included in sale)

* New front bushes and drop-links required

* Suspect new thermostat required

* Rust on front o/s wheel arch (holed outer layer) and on rear bumper

* Brakes need work after sitting since MOT expiry

* Problem with mechanical speed sensor affecting some trip computer functions and automatic raise/lower of electric spoiler (new set of clocks would fix)

* Electric windows intermittent

* Central locking does not work

* Alloys need refurbished

* Poor paintwork and some dents in places - could do with a respray

* Bolster wear to driver's seat

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70624[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70625[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70626[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70627[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70628[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70629[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70630[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70631[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70632[/ATTACH]

Edited by <neil>