Wullie

Aargh

Ah feckin flat battery friggin Corrado only new a couple of frellin months ago priggin parasite drainsw and other freekin drains and............... I'll sleep on it.

try saying this version in a hard scottish accent:

Ah feckin flat battery friggin Corrado ainlie freish a tae o' frellin months ago priggin parasite drainsw 'n' ither freekin drains 'n'. Ah will kip oan it.

courtesy of scotranslate.com :)

thats 2 drunken posts by Wullie ive seen today..... could be worse could be drunken ebay, ive had some right treats from that!

Right at beginning when I bought my rado, started making this fantastic plans to do this and that. Some time after that got drunk and was crawling flebay for some wheels... and almost bought this nice set of Speedlines, can't remember what stopped me back then from buying them. In the morning I realized my valver is 4 stud and these Speedlines would simply not work. From that moment when I'm drunk I do not go to shopping sites anymore ^^

I wasn't drunk!!! Much, well just a little bit. Must stop mixing red wine and real ale. Plus I was really really, really annoyed with the Corrado. And I've been at work since six this morning and just in. So there.

On a more serious note, the battery has been going flat so I got my trusty multimeter out and found that the battery was showing 12.7 volts after an overnight charge.. Putting it to amps on the positive lead I initially for a few seconds got a reading of 4.17 amps which then settled to 0.07 amps. Undeterred I pulled all the fuses one by one, till eventually the fuse for the radio dropped it to 0.02 amps. Now I don't think that that's enough draw, even with the radio to flatten the battery in a couple of days. During this process each time I measured the draw the reading went straight to 0.07. I had to chuck it for a bit to thaw out as working in a temperature of -1 and suffering from Renauds phenomenon is not fun. I reconnected the battery and started the car to get a bit of heat under the bonnet and resumed pulling fuses. Again the initial reading was in the region of 4 amps which then dropped after a few seconds which makes me wonder if something is staying on until the battery is disconnected. Then again the battery may just be on the way out. Is 12.7 volts normal for a charged battery? Anyone got any ideas which don't involve a box of matches.

Put your multi-meter back on,and this time lock your doors,

Is there a big drop ?

If yes,could be c/l pump or (unsure of name) all the window "regulators"behind os/r door card

Put your multi-meter back on,and this time lock your doors,

Is there a big drop ?

If yes,could be c/l pump or (unsure of name) all the window "regulators"behind os/r door card

The multi- meter showstarts a 0.07 (radio fuse back in) lock the doors with the key fob and it rises then returns to 0.07. After a few seconds it repeats as the dead locking phase takes it's turn. All seems pretty normal except for that little spell when I connect the meter for the first time.. I think I'll steal the missuses battery for a few days and see what happens. If everything seems OK then I'll dig out the receipt for the battery and get it replaced under guarantee.

12.7V while attached to the car or with the leads off?

Measure the voltage again with the car running - should be around 13.8V. If it's much below that your alternator's not charging it properly.

Stone

12.7V while attached to the car or with the leads off?

Measure the voltage again with the car running - should be around 13.8V. If it's much below that your alternator's not charging it properly.

Stone

12.7 with the battery connected. With car runninf was 14.1. See this is the Corrado thing. Drives you up the wall and several insanities later decides to behave!

Car has behaved itself since the last post. Starts immediately, plenty of life in the battery. I think it just wanted some attention.

I discovered by chance once when mine was doing something similar that the boot light stayed on despite it being shut. the switch was temperamental depending on how hard you shut the boot.

One of the first things I looked at. Ripped it out and ate the bulb, along with the glove box one. It's just one of those Corrado things. No doubt it will lull me into a false sense of security the pounce again when it's most inconvenient. Thanks for the suggestion though, often it's the little things like tat which get overlooked.

Then obvioulsy Wullie, it was not a matter of your Corrado in need of your attention. It was more like a matter of threatening it, so now it know that if it does not behave propperly, you'll eat it...

Cheers,

Redfox.