Sign in to follow this  
chris CORRADO

ABS light came on.... no !!!!!

ok guys i have been hunting around on the forum and i think this is a new one LOL probally not ! :wink:

ok this morning when i fired her up all perfect... when i drove off about 3 mph the DAMM LIGHT CAME ON :mad:

ok the at the next set of traffic lights i stopped rebooted the car LOL and the the light came on for a sec 2 little flashes and the nothing... hummm

light goes green when i drive more than 3 mph the light switches back on.... :mad:

then i stop normally and the light stays on.... only switches off when you turn off the car...

i am woundering if the ABS sencor has gone or is it something more serious????

cheers

------

chris

it will be dirt on a sensor or on the wheel it senses...happened to mine one day....then didnt happen again.....I expect it will happen again at some point!!! :(

Was it raining,ABS has a habit of tripping out in heavy rain due to wet sensors,I dont know if the corrado has a blink code setup to tell you the fault like some vehicles,sorry I cant help more :|

yes it was raining and my wheels havent been cleaned in about 2 weeks lol so i guess i will preasure wash em and see from there

cheers guys hope this works

Was it raining,ABS has a habit of tripping out in heavy rain due to wet sensors,I dont know if the corrado has a blink code setup to tell you the fault like some vehicles,sorry I cant help more :|

It was raining the day mine died actually.

The system does a self-check of all the sensors and valves when you pull away and hit 7mph after an initial switch-on, so if there's a physical sensor problem, or a physical valve problem then the light will come on then. If the light comes on when you're moving, or slowing down, chances are it's the usual knackered electrical sensor problem.

If it's a physical sensor problem, clean up the sensors etc etc, but if it's a physical valve problem it may be more complicated... :-\

:cry: Pray as hard as you can its not the abs pump thats what went on mine and the chepest price i found for a new one was 1200 quid f*** that so now i just skid arround and pay dodgy blokes big sums at mot times :mrgreen:

how easy is the sencor to get to?

Not very... the original ones are metal and really get destroyed when taking out... not expensive to replace tho... Use vagcom to find which ones the problem but your car may just need a good pressure wash, also check all the abs connections