scott1980

Dead again :(

Found and checked those fuses today , 2x 3A , 1x 10A and a 15A ...awkward little B******s to get out too ! found another relay , upside down 31 , a big bugger ...this is the fan overrun relay? amazing what you can find with a little determination , sat on your arse on a dark and frosty road ! haha :) !

Theres two behind the glovebox where the immobiliser is , think these are ABS relays , grey one and a black one , 179 and summat else I think .

Immobiliser arms and disarms , locks unlocks etc.

Out of interest and probably completely unrelated , what is the black circle with a thick black wire surrounding the barrel (where the key goes in)

Out of interest and probably completely unrelated , what is the black circle with a thick black wire surrounding the barrel (where the key goes in)

Immobiliser signal receiver from your ign key, only on late cars with factory immobiliser

Thought that was just on VR6's or am I just being thick :) ...maybe why the ignition bypass didnt do anything...I didn't have the key in ?! :scratch:

well , today's the day ... I've got a mobile mechanic coming to my car , at 7 P.M. ! (hes keen on !)

lookng into bypassing the immobiliser in such a way as to leave me with remote central locking , if possible , if not , its coming out !!

was looking at a toad alarm /immobiliser to replace it at some point .... are they any good ?

Well i've just had a call from the mechanic , hes bypassed the ignition stage of the immobiliser and had the car running :cheers:

the immobiliser still arms / disarms and secures the car ( still immobilises via fuel pump ) . Still looking to replace with a more modern system in the near future :)

Thought that was just on VR6's or am I just being thick :) ...maybe why the ignition bypass didnt do anything...I didn't have the key in ?! :scratch:

Sounds like you have it sorted now, but just for reference: if you bypass the ignition switch with the key not inserted then it should start, run for 1-2 seconds and then cut out when the immobiliser stops it. You have to have the chip from the key in range of the pickup ring for the immobiliser to allow the engine to continue running.

Stone

Glad its sorted Scott, must admit I got quite involved reading that. I thought i'd replaced the dizzy just before the car was sold a couple of years back but i'm not too sure. The immobiliser was fitted by the original owner i think so is quite old. Hope its all sorted now.

All sorted :cheers: gonna replace the immobiliser for an up to date one (Toad possibly) at some point ... yeah it was fitted in 1996 so it's had it's day I reckon . The siren gave up shortly after getting it on the road (August) anyway ! ha