Oldtax

Oil and Rad fan Sensor/senders

I'm not exactly sure which parts you are talking about but the senders in the thermostat housing are still available from VW but also available from heritage. Same with the one in the rad.

In full working, non leaking, order if possible please!

I would suggest you buy new from one of the numerous retailers that sell these rather than getting one second hand which will most likely be 18 years old and possibly just shagged as yours.

If you need the part numbers, I would point you towards the search function.

p.s. My final comment is not meant as a put down or to show an unwillingness to help; rather, there is a wealth of information contained within this forum and I personally (perhaps wrongly) expect people to undertake their own research as much as possible before seeking support from the forum.

I'm not exactly sure which parts you are talking about but the senders in the thermostat housing are still available from VW but also available from heritage. Same with the one in the rad.

Sorry, I meant the sender on the top back of the block that gets the rad fan moving ... at least i think thats wot it does! and the oil sensors in front of the block (not attached to it)

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

I would suggest you buy new from one of the numerous retailers that sell these rather than getting one second hand which will most likely be 18 years old and possibly just shagged as yours.

If you need the part numbers, I would point you towards the search function.

p.s. My final comment is not meant as a put down or to show an unwillingness to help; rather, there is a wealth of information contained within this forum and I personally (perhaps wrongly) expect people to undertake their own research as much as possible before seeking support from the forum.

No, i dont see it as a put down or unwillingness. its most helpful. i'm not too savvy on the best retailers but iv also seen a lot of 'For sale' ads where people have bought new or newish and are willing to sell. just trying to save a few bob! I also dont know what they r officially called so searching online is a bit of a prob for me! thank you tho - much appreciated.

Hi John, I think you are getting a little confused with regard to the location and function of certain sensors and senders. The rad fan temp sensor is located in the radiator. The senders / sensors on the block relay oil pressure, temperature . The only temperature sensors on the engine, are located around the cylinder head area and are for the gauge, fan after run etc. call me if you require further assistance.

thats what i meant! only joking! im showing my ignorance in true style.

shall give u a call in the week. Thanks John