jonnygti

Throttle Bodies

Sorry to hyjack the thread but i have a few questions im looking at doing this to mine with similar specs what's the power delivery like ? Hows the mpg's and what's like like to drive?

Power delivery is good. Considering mine has 4:1 manifold and 45mm itbs low rev torque is good and drivability is very good. To be honest good mapping is very important for drivability.

Mpg, still early days as I have been developing the setup since getting it on the road last summer. At the end of April it is going to a dyno for final refinement of the map.

If you can get to Essex im happy to take you out for a drive.

That's good to know what are the specs of your engine im going to start collecting parts and the like. Id love to but im cumbria :-(

Is the 230 bhp what its at now or is that what your aiming for ?

Ahh cumbria is a bit far isn't it. Well if you head down here at some point...

230 us what my golf makes. Last year the corrado made 178bhp on a dyno known as "the tough love dyno". The figures are always conservative on this dyno. The aim is between 180-190 BHP, and realistically that is all you could expect from the spec which is 2008cc, 11:1 compression, gas flowed head, abf cams, itbs, custom exhaust manifold, magnex exhaust system and megasquirt ecu.

On numbers alone it does not sound great but it is real fun to drive, much more than my golf. The instant throttle response, the noise, the revy nature of the engine, make it feel very lively.