Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

Bumpstops?

as you can see below my rear bumstops are fecked.

Are the ones from GSF etc ok as I am going to fit eibach springs to the konis? If not then where would I get some?

But they are about £15 a piece. Are they really worth it?

If I remember right the rear suspenion effectively runs on the bumpstops does it not? Are the front ones as important as I have found a place where I can get front and back for about £40 but I really dont want to spend that much as I have a few things coming up which I will need the money for.

Rear ones from GSF (febi) are £15 for the pair, these are the same as OE but made of rubber not foam so will last, if you are lowering the car you just need to hacksaw what you are lowering by off.

DON'T buy Powerflex etc as the polyurethane is way to hard and they are too short as they are not tailored for the car.

I got OE ones today and have fitted the springs but I think ther car is sitting on the bumpstops. Time to hack more of as I only took 3/4in of.

the car is supposed to sit on the foam style of bumpstops all the time, they are like a spring assistor rather than just a bumpstop thats why they are about 8 inch long compared to the front ones which are simply a bumpstop and only measure in at about three inches,,

the car is supposed to sit on the foam style of bumpstops all the time, they are like a spring assistor rather than just a bumpstop thats why they are about 8 inch long compared to the front ones which are simply a bumpstop and only measure in at about three inches,,

Yep, correct. Not enough people realise this unfortunately.

K