Sign in to follow this  
Banana Man

Decided to change the colour of the headlining today!

I ve been contemplating changing the colour of the crappy headlining in my rado for ages and seeing as it was out while the car is being resprayed I decided to do something about it. Went down the art shop to see if thety had anything that would be any good for the job but all they had was tiny little pots of fabric paints at £5 a pot which I would have needed about 15 of! The lady in the shop pointed me in the direction of Homebase as they have a complete range of paints so I trundled off up there to find one called plasti kote which does a wide variety of materials so I bought a couple of cans, total cost £10 got home sprayed a small section to start with justy to make sure it was ok to use it came out ok so I carried on with doing the rest of the headlining in thin coats and it's come up pretty well I think. I ve let it dry now for a few hours and am going to do one more coat tomorrow and then brush it down to get any excess off but it looks sooo much better than it did so I'm well happy :D here is a before and aft

BANANA MAN - well done the boy's got ball for trying it 10/10, off the topic where you from W Sussex i work all around that area haven't seen the C about...? :D

You haven't seen his around as its been off the road and undergoing some serious upgrades and a respray since the middle of last year after the dreaded crank bolt failure (I think) - watch out for it in a few months though. X-Flow G60... raaaah :)

Looking good ant. What have you done to the sun visors and the surround from the interior light that houses the sunroof awitch? Get some pics up in-situ when you get the chance, think I'm gonna have to do that this summer 8)

Just wanted to revive this! - I have the headlining out of my car at the moment and also want to paint it black if posible...

Banana man - is it still looking ok, is the stuff you mentioned the best to get??

Has anyone else tried this as well.....?

It took me and a mate 5 hous to take the whole interior out leaving just the dash and front seats...

I guess you could get the lining out on its own by loosening the pillar trims, undoing seatbelts, taking off sunroof switch, visors, handle etc...

The only difficult bit is getting those coat hooks off, they unclip and slide upwards...

I guess you could get the lining out on its own by loosening the pillar trims, undoing seatbelts, taking off sunroof switch, visors, handle etc...

The only difficult bit is getting those coat hooks off, they unclip and slide upwards...

yes, you can, that's how I did my moonroof conversion. You can get the lining out in about 30mins if you know what you're doing... Be careful though, 'cos it is quite fragile... :|

I do hope you're going to use the abscence of an interior to your advantage by dynamatting it throughout?

Oh yes, the whole chassis will be wax injected first, feck me it's noisy with no interior!

Hmmm... I did think about that Cheesy! - How much did it cost to get the headlining done in alcantara??

I'll find out

I'll ring the company for a price