Jochen744

Daily user or not?

Im possibly going to be in that position in the next couple of weeks - having to get rid of one the 2 cars. Do i put the corrado back on the road as daily or keep the passat PD130 1.9tdi estate and sell the rado on. Head says keep the passat, heart is telling me differently...

Tough choice

Alway's listen to your heart plus passat estate mate corrado hand's down.

and thats another issue. Mine sat outside in the elements. Ive no garage to put it in.

makes sense to daily drive it then, if you sell it someone esle will, i guess its realy down to what you prefer to drive a corrado or a passat?

At the moment.... the Passat to be honest. Ok, went out in the corrado this weekend and loved it. But i just wont have the money to put into the corrado. Needs body work doing on it, Rear calipers need changing too.

Plus i'll need something more reliable to get me to work and back.

Just wondering if those that use them daily have used the VR with winter tyres fitted and how they are in snow?

Must admit Im getting tired of seeing the car sitting under the cover every day and want to start using it again. More so as Im selling the beemer so might be a with until I replace that.

Never daily, Ever. I only use a car or motorcycle for fun driving, and only sometimes, when weather and time permits. Allways did that. I did take longer drives through Europe many times, but in a hurry so to say and for the fun of it.

My car and motorcycle are allways prepared for winter hibernation, and very very rarely see rain during summer, sice I started driving. That's ehrm... 27 years ago... Mglp... :shocked!: SSHHhhhh!

I use a racebicycle as a daily, and that get's daily maintenance. Really don't need a car.

If I should need a daily, I'd keep what I have and get a Golf 2 Country 4wd high up with all the goodies, crome stickers etc. ;) because it's also fun actually. But I'd explode if I had to use a car daily, so no no for me.

I should mention, that I never ever had any problems at all after a hibernation, covers off, pour fresh oil onto cams, cylinderwalls etc. New fluids every year, new full synth oil every 5000Km's religiously, new full synth gearbox oil every 2'nd year and so on. I exercise the batteries at least once a month during hibernation. Put a bulb on, and recharge. My last battery lasted 12 years on my modified Golf 2, and still works after selling it.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

Just wondering if those that use them daily have used the VR with winter tyres fitted and how they are in snow?

I did, it's possible not pleasure at all. It might be better with soft suspension but but on hard set up car was sliding on every single corner if you like it or not. I've noticed same thing on my passat. My neighbor has same car with standard suspension and it corners better than my one on kw coilovers. Both cars are fitted with winter tyres and both was tested with traction control off. Apparently when traction control was on there was no different. Corrado has no traction control so be prepared to skid away plenty of times.

Winter tyres helps you drive, they will never make your car unbeatable in snow. I'm telling that form experience as where I come from winters are very bad for very long time and I was driving a lot no mather what was the weather.