iamsilverfox

help with mocal oil fitting

Got myself a mocal oil cooler. Few questions on fitting.

- how are people blanking the too rubber pipes off?

- how are people routing the send/return pipes to the radiator, there doesnt seem to be much room for anything.

- with the entended bolt the right way round (holes towards the cap), it seems to go quite tight and the sandwich plate is still kinda loose. Do i judst keep tightening or am i missing a washer or something?

y4yBp.jpg

thanks!

It would appear you have a kit that retains the OE heat exchanger. You need the kit with a shorter centre tube that bypasses the HE.

Is this for the VR?

yes it is

It would appear you have a kit that retains the OE heat exchanger. You need the kit with a shorter centre tube that bypasses the HE.

i bought the kit off ebay. he said it apparently replaces the stock exchanger.

Ive just fitted one of these last week to my vr.. It was a bit of a pain tbh. where are you mounting it? With my kit the threaded bar was quite short and i had to lock tight it in place with enough thread sticking out to be able to tighten it all up. the threaded bar on mine wasn't long enough to wind right to the bottom on the car and still have enough length to go through the sandwich plate and into the block. As for the old coolent pipes i just used a piece of hose and linked the two outlets replacing the old hoses.

I originally fitted rubber hoses to it, but one chafed unseen and stranded me in France with a tiny hole. I managed a bodgerepair but bought braided hoses online when i got home. They were longer too, so i routed the right round the pass side of the radiator and along the front.

Ive just fitted one of these last week to my vr.. It was a bit of a pain tbh. where are you mounting it? With my kit the threaded bar was quite short and i had to lock tight it in place with enough thread sticking out to be able to tighten it all up. the threaded bar on mine wasn't long enough to wind right to the bottom on the car and still have enough length to go through the sandwich plate and into the block. As for the old coolent pipes i just used a piece of hose and linked the two outlets replacing the old hoses.

dont know where im mounting it yet. havnt got a huge amount of length to play with :rolleyes:

the threaded bar in my kit almost seems slightly too long. in regards to the hoses, i've purchased a crank pipe without the nipple and replaced the heater core plug on the other end for a blank.