bully

Aero blade wiper blades

hi has anyone bought these, i just got a set and found they dont touch the windscreen, ive had to bed my wiper arm and tbh honest im not sure that was in the manufactures instructions..

have i fitted them wrong? lol

I've had the Lupo conversion wipers which have Aero-Blades on my C for the last couple of years. They are infinitely better

than what was on there originally. :)

Hi

I'm not sure if this is picked up in the wiki but the reason that the blades don't touch the screen is that the arms are sitting on the stops at the hinge point. If you lift up the arm and look at where the spring attaches, you will see 2 bumps, one either side of where the spring is located. You need to file these down so that the arm can move closer to the screen. I had to do this and only knew because someone else asked the question in a thread somewhere on here. Hope that is clear enough and not too vague

D

Edited by dalhalvaig
spelling grammar ...

If you've fitted those aero wipers which go on to standard wiper arms, then you probably won't see any improvement.

The lupo wiper arms and blades seem to push down a lot better.

You could try doing what dalhalvaig mentions, worth a try :)

I had a set of Holefrauds-style aero wipers on the car before I moved to the Lupo set up. Previous owner hadn't got round to fitting them and had left them in the boot when I picked up the car. They worked fine, but I had to do the above mod with them too. Probably why the previous owner hadn't fitted them. I only changed to Lupo when one of the arms broke...