JimVR6

Aqua Blue VR6 for £500 in West Yorkshire

VR6 | Aqua Blue | West Yorkshire

Price: £500

Description:

Hello, I acquired a 1993 Aqua Blue VR6 last year, used it for several months before a heater return hose went on the MOT ramp. I since stopped using the car and have sold a few bits off of it. It is 90% complete, starts and drives. I even replaced the hose at fault. Refilled the coolant. It also had a new thermostat flange and a recent oil change (last 20 miles) It's currently sat on 15 inch Speedlines finished in an anthracite colour. The missing parts list is as follows;

Heater controls

Both headlamps + fogs

Front splitter

No interior, although it has the dash and front door cards and carpets.

Everything else is intact and works as intended. The body is in fairly good shape too. The engines done about 166k and the gearbox was fine. It can start and even drive around (although fairly difficult with nowhere to sit) Its just sat in my garden at the moment and probably wouldn't take much to get it complete again. All panels are complete and both window motors and the rear spoiler motors are intact. I've not taken anything engine related off so it is all there.

I could scrap it as a whole, but that would be a massive shame as I'd rather see it used or recommissioned. I could carry on breaking it but its a strenuous process and not always worth it. It would make a fantastic donor car, or even a donor engine for another project (clutch is all there etc)

So just wondering if there is any interest, it would need transporting (though it drives) as it is currently SORN. Just in the process of swapping it back onto its original K plate. I will attach some photos when the snow goes, but if you imagine my avatar minus headlamps, thats pretty much it. Feel free to contact me if theres any questions!

UPDATE:

Had a lot of interest, a few no shows and another person who ended up not buying, the car is now in my unit. I have sourced some front seats for it, and just changed the leaky sump gasket. The car still runs & drives, it if it doesn't go soon I'll probably keep to restore. I've started giving the underside a refresh and have cleaned up the wish bones and painted them, checked the bushes etc. Ideally with my shaky circumstances at the moment I'd rather it still go to a good home so if anybody is seriously interested then get in touch. It's a cheap car as it is and I'm open to offers but sensible ones, I'm not going to give it away. :)

Jim

Edited by JimVR6
Update

This really needs saving and sounds like an easy projects for someone!