Corinium

Newb from Cirencester

Hi I'm Alan from Cirencester,

I'm 51 and the owner of a Blackberry VR6 with just 202560 miles on the clock!

I've been meaning to join for a while but now my heater core has popped and I was wondering if anyone here knows if it can be changed without removing the dash?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Welcome! I grew up in Baunton. My parents are still there, so i regularly go back. I'll keep an eye out for you. Keep an eye on the events section, as we have several meets a year and ha e used Ciren as start and finish points for drives :) there is a guide in the Wiki for the matrix. It can be done with the dash in, but it's really fiddly. I would take the dash out.

Welcome to the forum Alan, nice to have another one locally - My VR6 passed 221000 miles the other day!!!

I think there is a thread somewhere to a Canadiam forum where the matrix was chaged in situ, will see if I can find it for you later.

Ian.

Welcome. Quite a few of us round these parts (I'm in Charfield near Wotton under Edge). Good luck with the matrix

i changed the matrix on mine with the dash in place, only to find once i'd refitted everything that the heater box wasnt working properly so had to take it all apart again.

second time around i took the dash out as it's fair easier that way. about the same timescale either way but less likely to break something if you take everything apart.

I've done two heater matrix jobs with friends now - and actually once you get into it and get the electrical stuff out, and make sure you label everything up, it's not too terrifying. On one car we left the dash in, and on another we took it out. It did come out of the car which we left the dash in but we did have to get fairly heavy handed - enough that, if I were doing the job on my car, I'd take the dash out!

Provided you're reasonably patient and methodical it is not too hard to get everything out - just time consuming.. set aside a weekend to do it!

You must have been the chap I saw in Nailsworth last Thursday afternoon, you came out of Morrisons just in front of me and headed off onto the Avening road.

I was behind you but in my works car so you'd only have thought some nutter was wrongly flashing his lights at you!!

Very nice car, it looked remarkably clean given the awful weather we have had!

Welcome to the forum, I too reside in Wiltshire just up the road from you in Swindon and a blackberry owner.

You must have been the chap I saw in Nailsworth last Thursday afternoon, you came out of Morrisons just in front of me and headed off onto the Avening road.

I was behind you but in my works car so you'd only have thought some nutter was wrongly flashing his lights at you!!

Very nice car, it looked remarkably clean given the awful weather we have had!

No not me mines been off the road since 18th Jan still fighting with heater matrix when I get the time!