Sign in to follow this  
aposegil

better flowing fuel pump

Hello guys

Ive been trying to to find a higher flowing fuel pump to go in the corrado as im guessing my fuel pump has seen better days

so guys is there any performance fuel pumps or higher flowing than standard??

or shall i just get a new standard pump???

Facet do a large range of chunkier than chunky pumps. Do a google search.

Or Audi UR Quattro pumps are very high flow....

K

If it's an intank pump you're trying to replace, then no! But if you've got an external pump, then yeah no probs. Just have to make up a suitable bracket and you're off. Very high pressure pumps use banjo ends (as per K jet), so something else to consider.

Unless you're running mega power, don't bother. A standard 16V external pump is able to supply enough juice to around 280bhp.

K

well i want to replace it

even thou its not dead as im going to do a re-chip etc on the car and all new setup and might aswell give it a freesh fuel pump but i want to keep it in tank.

Does anyone know if the vr6, g60, 16v or 8v all have different flowing pumps???as i might aswell put in the highest flowing one :)

just been looking at ETKA and all three different cars i.e vr g60 and 16v have all different setups :shock: :? :|

is this correct ???by the way mine original was a 1.8 16v 1991

If it's an intank pump you're trying to replace, then no! But if you've got an external pump, then yeah no probs. Just have to make up a suitable bracket and you're off. Very high pressure pumps use banjo ends (as per K jet), so something else to consider.

Unless you're running mega power, don't bother. A standard 16V external pump is able to supply enough juice to around 280bhp.

K

I beleive they can supply a bit more fuel than that, I am running my engine close to 360bhp with one! As soon as it gives up I'm going to get a bigger one.

Alex have you tried a 911 turbo fuel pump..?

I was under the impression that the 1.8 16Vs only had a single fuel pump that was just in front of the driver's rear wheel arch? If that's true, then it'd be SOOOO easy for you to sling a BIG facet pump in which are quite capable of flooding your engine on full throttle if you so desired! ;) :lol: 8)

hello mate :D

are u still running the normal 16v fuel pump setup on ur car??? as urs was the same as mine

also just went down stairs to have a look under my car and i have this setup

http://www.elcats.ru/audivw/vag5.asp?su ... -00&cid=76

and lloks like i have a fuel pump outside the car so maybe i can run a FSE or Facet pump??? or a 911 turbo or Quattro??

Don't forget there is a difference between flow and pressure. Quite possible for a pump to produce 5 BAR and not flow enough volume of fuel.

Gavin

Don't forget there is a difference between flow and pressure. Quite possible for a pump to produce 5 BAR and not flow enough volume of fuel.

Gavin

Second that......I still think over 300bhp is pushing it....

K

The standard fuel pump and clean filter should be fine, the unused fuel is pumped back to the tank IRRC.

I beleive the golf digipants injection intank pump has a higher pressure

The earlier CIS pumps tend to run at a higher pressure.. the further along the VW development chain you go the psi/flow tends to drop i think it works along the lines like this: Motronic

Another way you could be certain to not run out of fuel at a critical moment would be to add an extra pump inline. I know a few people running digifant1 / CIS turbo setups with an extra pump inline to help things out..

aposegil

Try a early Vr6 pump as there 4 bar .. that's what I'm using .. my friend has a demon tweaks high flow pump on his car and there doesn't seem to be any difference save your money and go for the vr route.. I'm pushing 285 at the wheels and my pumps fine..

Andy

just looking in the demon tweeks catalogue,and facet do a range of fuel pumps with flow/pressure ranging from 18 gallons per [email protected] psi to the red top works pump with flows at 35 gallons per [email protected] psi prices arnt bad either,the works version comes in at £82

These pumps are well under pressure for fuel injection.

We are looking at the best part of 60PSI for digifant and K jet. K Jet is higher than standard digifant. VRs/G60s/2E Passats all run the same 4 BAR pump.

Gavin

I was under the impression that the 1.8 16Vs only had a single fuel pump that was just in front of the driver's rear wheel arch?

AFAIK - there's a small one in the tank too - part of the fuel sender unit.

I would just double up on the existing pump - fit another identical pump to the system.

Many 4 cylinder 2 litre & 2.2 litre Merc's use this principle - 1 small lift pump in the tank & 2 main fuel pumps (identical) mounted next to the osr wheelarch.

The volume vs pressure question - logically for increased volume at the same pressure, wouldn't the fuel pipes need to be a larger diameter ?

aslong as the standard 16v can handle my setup im keeping to that :D

i dont expect 300bhp

Mate you will be fine with the standard 16v pump for the time being! As I said ealier I have been told by Jabbasport that mine will run fine @ 360bhp, I said rubbish, but they told be that their rallye had one on it and as far as they are aware it still runs the same pump to this day. I'm going to use it for the time being then maybe uprate it to something a bit bigger for when I hit 400bhp..lol

Ben

I wasn't debating that they work. The point I was making was that they are for Carb engines not injected ones. At less than 10 psi hardly any fuel would come out at all.

Gavin