jimmytarzan

G60 air pipes?

i've just been to Volkswagon to try and get some replacement parts but they told me that the bits I want are obsolete.

It would help if i actually knew what i was on about! but basically there an air hose coming from the top/back of the engine block with a kinda 'T piece' on it with a small hose that goes to the ECU....this is buggered....Would anyone know what i'm on about or better still have one??

I believe the part number to be either: 536612041A or 191611939A.....the other item is one of the hoses that joins on to it, I was told that there are similar hoses from VW that will probably suit. I think that there is an air leak here and this is contributing to my G60's already poor fuel consumption.

anyone??

I think,from what you are saying, your ECU vacuum hose is "buggered". This is the only hose to come from the ECU, and supplies vital boost / vacuum info to the ECU MAP sensor. This hose is available from dealer off the roll, and you require a length exactly one metre long to connect the ECU to the top vac outlet on the rear of the throttle valve.

its not the hose i want, its a part where 3 or 4 air hoses connect, one of them i'm told is the small bore one that goes to the ECU. Maybe the top vac outlet you refer to??

someone has done a repair in my engine bay and snapped the small hose connection off and rather than tell me they have put a WOOD SCREW in the hole then drilled another hole close to it. does no one manufacture the air hoses (like samco doing the other bits and pieces)....?

Your best move now would be to post up a pic to illustrate your problem. Doing this will overcome terminology and descriptive issues. Happy to help you Fella, but I think we need to be "singing off the same sheet".

Do you mean the little rubber 'T' piece? If so then your ecu hose shouldn't be connected there. As for the t piece I've wondered the same, whether or not samco etc do a replacement.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151537265426323&set=a.69864951322.103310.716776322&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

---------- Post added at 5:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:27 PM ----------

can you see the FB link? i dunno if you can see it, it i'm equally good with computers as i am with cars.

someone has said its part of the brake vacuum line....?

---------- Post added at 5:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:32 PM ----------

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/VW-CORRADO-POWER-STEERING-HOSE-PIPE-T-PIECE-CONNECTOR-/00/s/MTA1NVgxNjAw/z/iwYAAMXQ97RRGmDi/$%28KGrHqR%2c%21qIFDQwzRv7MBRGmDiQE%28Q~~60_1.JPG

is this what its meant to be???

so is anyone actually offer me a path to solution? 98 views.....! i'm not pretending to be clues up, i'm at your mercy but I need this resolving.

---------- Post added at 3:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:29 PM ----------

****clued*** i hate miss typing.