Sign in to follow this  
Dubcharged

Standard Pulley chip

Hi everyone

We havent as of yet developed a No Lag map for the standard pulley due to lack of demand development time. However after a couple of enquiries i'd like to know how much demand there is amongst you guys/girls who want to keep the standard pulley.

I dont expect there to be much of a power gain since boost will be standard, but we can bring the No Lag technology into it and improve throttle response and smoothness.

So, who out there would be interested?

Depending on the results, if there are enough people then we'll start the deveolpment!

Regards

Bilal - SNS UK

Will that take into account the different stages of charger? or exhaust thats fitted? etc

I'm undecided as to getting a smaller pulley etc but I wouldn't mind a smoother accelerator rather than on/off at low speeds! I had my old 8v golf chipped and it was a lot nicer to drive. Obviously price is always important

In the 'olden days' I had a Jabba chip in my Golf with the standard pulley still fitted. It was a vast improvement over the standard chip. With better economy too.

I think it would be a good upgrade for the cash strapped or long distance daily driver.

Gavin

i have a p&p head and charger...std pully...if this replacement std chip would be suitable for this application...i would be interested.

thanks for posting this up dubcharged, you already know i am interested in a standard spec chip, but thought id post to keep the numbers up!!

Interesting

The price of the chip is determined not by how much power it will add, but by the amount of development time we spend doing it. It'll probably be the same as the other chips we do.

With regards to having exhaust/ported charger/head etc. i could also do this but dont really see the point why you would wanna spend so much on flowing and not £55 on a smaller pulley to make use of those mods?

c'mon guys, bog standard cars with standard pulley, ok, i can see the point of view, but flowed charger, exhaust etc and 78mm pulley? Thats like buying an XBox and using it only for DVD's

:)

I haven't really priced up the smaller pulley and chip mod yet so couldn't comment on prices - not out of warranty yet since refurb. Thought we were looking at 3-400 for the mod though.

I haven't really priced up the smaller pulley and chip mod yet so couldn't comment on prices - not out of warranty yet since refurb. Thought we were looking at 3-400 for the mod though.

WOW, if those were the prices i'd retire happy!!! :lol:

SNS No Lag Chip and pulley will only set you back £165. You'll also need a 3.5bar FPR for the chip which is a further £45. Not bad for the gain you get!

With regards to having exhaust/ported charger/head etc. i could also do this but dont really see the point why you would wanna spend so much on flowing and not £55 on a smaller pulley to make use of those mods?

because i dont want to. :wink: