Hinesy

Newbie, East Yorkshire.

Hi guys, just recently bought a vr6 and already found this site very useful so will be sticking around as I'm sure I'll have many more questions to come. Anyone else on here from the East Yorkshire area?

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase! Be sure to start a thread in the members' gallery and post some photos soon :)

How do , wer abouts are you ? Welcome along mate get some pics up

Hi, I'm just outside hull in Beverley. I'll get some pics up ASAP.

Cool theres not many round here , im east hull just near asda mate

Cool. You go to any meets or anything?

Hi, I too am from Hull!

I do some of the northern meets, Elsecar, VW festival, but generally frequent the East Yorkshire thoroughbred club meets. They have a great one in Beverley in June time.

Gets some pics of your car up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73328[/ATTACH]

Only on my phone at the minute but hopefully you can see this one.

Looks in great condition, is it blackberry? whats the mileage and is it standard, whats the future plans?

It's sherry pearl, 122,000, completely standard. I'm going to be sorting all the little problems first, just ordered a repair kit for the drivers handle which I can't open at the minute and there's a few bits of interior trim to replace. Long term I'm going to give it a full respray and refurb the wheels. It will be staying original as possible but will be doing things like poly bushes, a sensible stainless exhaust (any recommendations on a standard looking one?) and maybe some coilovers. How long have you owned yours? How do you find it?

It's sherry pearl, 122,000, completely standard. I'm going to be sorting all the little problems first, just ordered a repair kit for the drivers handle which I can't open at the minute and there's a few bits of interior trim to replace. Long term I'm going to give it a full respray and refurb the wheels. It will be staying original as possible but will be doing things like poly bushes, a sensible stainless exhaust (any recommendations on a standard looking one?) and maybe some coilovers. How long have you owned yours? How do you find it?

Sounds like a good plan. I've fitted a supersprint exhaust as I think they are one of the more OEM style stainless exhausts, not cheap mind!

Ive had mine about a year and a half and its always in the garage where I left it ;-D

Mine is on coilovers and 17's so way different in feel to a standard VR i would think.

Ive had mine about a year and a half and its always in the garage where I left it ;-D

I walked straight into that one didn't I. Haha. It's not quite as tidy as it looks in the photo. it has some small spots of rust in the usual places and most panels have some sort of small mark on. But it is 18yrs old and they don't take away anything from the car, but I do want it mint hence the need for the respray.

Hey I'm a beverley lad, my car is actually currently parked in an MOT station ready for its return to the road tomorrow. Havn't seen your car around but hopefully will do!

Hey I'm a beverley lad, my car is actually currently parked in an MOT station ready for its return to the road tomorrow. Havn't seen your car around but hopefully will do!

Quite suprised there's a few local to me as I've never seen one about. You probably won't have seen mine yet, I only picked it up on Saturday and it came from Sheffield. Where abouts in Beverley are you?

Yorkshire seems to be the Corrado capital of the UK at the moment.

And the car looks good from here. But running a mop over the car makes a massive difference to the colour I found.

Nice purchase, from another sherry driver.

That's probably a good reason why I havnt seen it then. I live up Lincoln way, I've had the car for about 5 years and I'm always driving around Beverley and hull. I know of at least 5 corrados in Beverley including mine

Quite suprised there's a few local to me as I've never seen one about.

I'm in Beverley too. I will give you a wave if I see you but then I'll probably hide my face in shame as my valver looks awful at the moment. Needs a load of work doing and it will be sold in the next 6 months as I can't justify keeping it for my very short commute to work.

Don't worry I'll probably be hiding to, mine needs some bits doing to bring it up to the standard I want. Shame your thinking of selling, I had a golf vr6 a while back and it used to cost me a small fortune in fuel. I'm lucky now as I have a company van so the corrado only comes out at weekends.