emu

4 Door Car To Replace Corrado

Just wonder what can you think about ??

Must have 4 door and be fun to drive. Won't be used as every day car, same as corrado.

Budget about 5-6k

So far in my mind

- Evo 6 - expensive to insure

- Audi S4 MK1 -bit boring design

- BMW M5 - sorry but never liked BMW

- Passat W8 - auto gearbox is NO NO for me

I really stuck, any ideas ??

I'm guessing fuel economy isn't a primary concern and it has to be a 4 door saloon, so no 5 door hatchbacks? Monaros must be getting down to that sort of money now?

Well I was in the same boat as you. Looked at M5s, B5 RS4s, Honda Integras, S2000s, very early Boxsters, Subarus etc etc but when it came down to it, it was better the devil I know and got an R32 (MK4).

Leon Cupra R? Quite liked mine, dash was a bit cheaper than a Mk4 Golf but other than that its a great all round car. Massive boot, good brakes, K04'd and loads of space.

mk4 R32 in 4 door?

Not a huge amount of them around, I think they only made them for the last 18 months or so of production, this was my one

He said 4 door, so I'm guessing hatchbacks are out.

Leon only comes in 4 door. The MK2 Cupra (57'ish plate) while looking a little bland on the interior has a 2 litre turbo charged engine (K04) and with a simple remap runs +-300BHP. Mine was a stage 2+ and was running at about 380BHP. Smoked just about anything out there that tried it on. I miss that car........

I'll throw this one out there, although not a more door......................................................Another Corrado! :cheers:

I'll throw this one out there, although not a more door......................................................Another Corrado! :cheers:

I know he said 4 doors, but nothing to stop you from having 2 spare doors in the boot :) Sorry couldn't stop myself!

A good Legnum. I know is est. But looks great and goes. Rare factor too plus you'll have change.

Wow, many cars I forgotten. Hatchback probably will do. Leon cupra not my cup of tea, hate the interior, but totally forgotten about MK4 r32 5 door. Need to check insurance :)

MK2 Octavia VRS with a Shark Performance remap will see you at 240BHP easily. I just sold mine for £4,400 with 62k on the clock, FSH, and a few desirable options so they're out there in your price range. Was a truly excellent car as well!

Wow, many cars I forgotten. Hatchback probably will do. Leon cupra not my cup of tea, hate the interior, but totally forgotten about MK4 r32 5 door. Need to check insurance :)

Costs me £350 to insure my 3 door :)

Costs me £350 to insure my 3 door :)

750 for me, still not as bad as I thought. I can insure RS4 for 850 but when I tried to get insurance on Evo or Subaru prices starts form 1,5k+