G60radoboi

Removing throttle cable 9a 16v?

Any giudes on here or advice on the best way to do it? I can see where the cable goes into the firewall but unsure of how to remove/dosconnect. Does it need to be done via beneath dashboard route or can it be done via the engine bay? My sticky pedal is driving me nuts now every time I drive the car as I am unable to keep a steady throttle position because of the cable.

its attached to the pedal, need to pull away carpet a bit, disconnect it then pull it through from the engine bay. I done it once wasnt too difficult. Im sure my guide is very basic lol

Thanks Kempy. Just confused as the cable I have is short and basically reaches from the throttle body to the firewall. Or am i correct in assuming that you would still need to remove the entire cable from the pedal and then re-join the section I have and refit?

You have to unhook it from the back of the throttle pedal, and then actually feed the entire cable (including the outer sheath) up through the bulkhead and pull it out through the engine bay, and then unhook it from the throttle body. You don't just replace the inner cable if you order a new one from VW - you replace both the inner cable and the outer plastic together as a single part. It's quite easy once you get your head into the footwell!

While you are it, check the rubber bush in the pedal that the cable hooks into. If its worn/torn or perished the hook will detach itself at some point in the future resulting in sudden and unexpected loss of speed. Part no 191 721 559.