P3rks

VR6 Engine wiring routing (anyone in Sheffield with a VR?)

After spending too long on my OBD2 conversion I've forgot how to re-route the wiring in the engine bay.

Has anyone got any decent pictures of the wiring routes in the engine bay? The main thing I'm struggling with at the moment is:

1) The wiring around both turrets - Does it go to the front or side of the turrets? Does it stick hard to the bulkhead then go across the chassis legs or does cut across?

2) How does the loom go across the gearbox to the large plug on the engine harness?

3) How doe the main fan plug wire go direct from the fan itself?

Any information would be awesome. Pictures even better.. Or if anyone has a VR6 in or around Sheffield (S11) I could look at would be awesome!! :cheers:

Thanks!

Very very helpful! The left hand side of the picture show clearly the routing. :thumbleft:

Thank you.

Has anyone got anything for the nearside routing (turret and chassis leg) please?

Brilliant. Thank you.

That covers the nearside turret, loom to engine harness and also the nearside chassis leg. I believe.

Just to confirm on the nearside turret/bulkhead - The wiring doesn't sit tight to the bulkhead, goes to the very bottom of the bulkhead where it then runs along the chassis leg; Instead it kind of misses the very bottom of the chassis leg where by it runs across the top of the bulkhead, diagonally down the turret then to the chassis leg? Can anyone confirm?

The last thing I'm a little unsure of is the radiator fan plug loom section. I can't tell from any picture I've seen where it routes. I know it breaks off in the loom under the fan control module; I'm just unsure whether it moves across and goes on top of the gearbox, then through the coolant hoses to reach the fan - Or, does it run on the inside of the chassis leg, kind of parallel to the power steering pipes, clips into that little bracket next to the battery, then moves across to the fan? Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks a bunch so far guys; lifesavers.