diarmaid16

Number 3

Just won a 2.0 16v on ebay and collecting in Newcastle on Saturday. Cannot wait! Been almost a year since I sold my vr and there's been a corrado shaped void in my life ever since.

Havn't viewed it so I'm hoping the seller is an honest fella. Not bothered though as I bought it to tinker with and learn more about them. I had an identical valver in Ireland and always regretted selling it. The vr didnt do it for me like the 16v so when this came up I had to have it!

Well, I collected this a few weeks ago but havn't managed to do much with it. A headlight, fog and indicator were goosed and I have replaced these. Got them from Saichy on here for a good price.

It's bog standard although I have now painted the badges on the front grill black.

I intend to get it resprayed sometime as the paintwork is in a bad way and one of the sills has had a comedy job repair.

Have a gmax set of -40mm suspension on the way so looking forward to fitting that. Big thanks to Ruggy on here for that. Didn't take any money for it!

Ideally I would like to strip it down, get rear axle, front subframe and a few other bits blasted and painted, fit mk4 rear calipers, kr inlet cam as I've managed to pick one up for free and a nice exhaust system. But this will take a long time due to funds and having a little lad who takes a lot of looking after!

Needs a couple of interior bits and a splitter too.

There is a lot of noise coming from the external fuel pump at the moment and it's constant. Is it worth swapping out the in-tank fuel pump for another item before looking to replace external unit?

Anyway, heres a few pics.

Any comments or ideas are welcome!

Wow... what happened to gear stick gaiter? Looks like an angry dog chew on it :)

Nice motor just need some love, what's mileage on it btw? Ah and I love your wheels!

My under body pump was extremely loud when the in-tank pump failed. It would drive ok'ish but would intermittently cut out on me - especially when low on fuel. I'm sure it will shorten lifespan of your under car pump if the one in-tank is not working correctly.

My favourite wheel ever and theyve just been refurbed!

Don't know what happened gaitor but it's in a bad way.

Any idea of price on internal fuel pump?

Cheers rado 20vt

Cheers lad.

Whipped out the lift pump tonight and had a look at it. Looks like its been replaced before as the pump is cable tied to the body. So I might try replacing this first

The rear spoiler didn't work at speed or on the switch when I got the car. I just switched the spoiler mechanism with one I had and knew was working but it made no difference. Anyone got any ideas what else could be the problem?

Bit embarrassing! I looked for a fuse for spoiler but didnt see it mentioned on the list of fuses on the plastic fuse cover. So replaced mechanism and when that didnt work i searched on here to find that spoiler is on fuse 16 so replaced that and it works fine on the switch now. At least its fixed!

This happened to me yesterday, got home and realised the spoiler was half down and sunroof would not close. Had to check each fuse individually until I found the blown one.

Well I swapped the pump in the tank out for a working second hand unit (cheers purple tom!) but this made no difference. Noise is still constant so I presume The external fuel pump is gimped?

Suspension I got can't be used so that will have to be put on the back burner for a while!

Just a wee update on this:

I managed to get an external fuel pump. Now I just need to fit it!

I have half the front off now. Goin to take off the rad support and hopefully get it blasted and coated. It's in decent condition thankfully. I've stripped a few bits from the engine bay. Want to get the inlet manifold and rocker cover cleaned and coated or polished. Not sure what to do!

A lot of the wiring's wrapping is in terrible shpe so I want to get new stuff to make it look neater and cleaner. Bit of a hole in the battery tray but unsure whether to just get it patched or get a new tray.

My plans change the whole time but at the moment I want to get suspension and a decent 2nd hand s/s exhaust. I also want want to service and change all fluids, timing belt kit and fit clutch. And hopefully a grey leather interior at some stage.

VERY slow project though! Any ideas or comments welcome.

Well, due to not having any time or funds to get near this, the fact that it needs welding in a few places and a full respray, I've decided I'm going to break this, keep a few bits as spares and just save up for one that doesn't need as much work. I don't like having to do it but no other option really as it's already half taken apart.

I seriously underestimated the affect having a baby has on things!