Dox

288mm front calipers, MK3 rear calipers used

I bought the front 288s a few years ago and they've just sat on the shelf unused by me. They came painted like this!

IMAG0142_zpsde1b723a.jpg

IMAG0141_zps62fe93a9.jpg

Believed to be late MK3 and come with the banjo bolts.

£30 collected

I bought the MK3 rears as part of a job lot, again unused by me, but they appear to be recon as they still have some of the zinc coating and only light surface rust. The handbrake levers return to there stops as they should do.

EDIT! The rears on closer inspection appear to have been blasted recently so will need close inspsection for blast media ingress and preferably new seals before fitment

IMAG0139_zps6c9496df.jpg

IMAG0140_zpsdeb7688f.jpg

They should be a direct swap with your original calipers - no need for conversion flexi hoses like you have to with MK4 spec calipers saving you £s

£25 collected

As previously mentioned neither pair have been used by myself and they are untested, if you decide to fit them without renewing the seals I'd recommend you keep a close eye on them afterwards

A pair of MK4 rear brake calipers with banjo bolts from my own Golf estate, they've been sat on a shelf for 3 years, the handbrake levers return to there stops as they should

IMAG0144_zps81957afd.jpg

IMAG0143_zps82eb6cf8.jpg

Again used calipers in GWO, but will need checking once fitted if you plan to fit them without new seals

£30 EDIT Now sold and gone to Fla :)

Edited by Dox

Can I have the Mk4 calipers please? Whereabouts are you based?

Crewe Cheshire. You're welcome to send a courier of your choice, I only use Royal Mail recorded and their prices are mental for over 2KG...........

Will do. Could you please send me the dimensions and approx. weight of the box? I don't have paypal so can make a direct transfer to you. Also your collection address and a contact number - these are all the info points they usually need.

I usually use Parcel Monkey who again subcontract it to one of the main couriers

thanks

How much would it cost to have the 288's delivered and do you still have the rears? I'm the opposite side of the country is all

How much would it cost to have the 288's delivered and do you still have the rears? I'm the opposite side of the country is all

Fla above is interested in the mk4 rears, the mk3 rears are still available. I'd estimate the fronts would be £15 with royal mail registered / signed for. Using your own courier would be cheaper.

---------- Post added at 2:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:56 PM ----------

Will do. Could you please send me the dimensions and approx. weight of the box? I don't have paypal so can make a direct transfer to you. Also your collection address and a contact number - these are all the info points they usually need.

I usually use Parcel Monkey who again subcontract it to one of the main couriers

thanks

I only use paypal, no chance a mate could paypal for you? I'll weigh them later and post up my findings

Update, weighed on bathroom scales 3KG they'll fit in a box 100 x 150 x 300mm so I'll say 4kg boxed allowing for the scales accuracy should do it

Edited by Dox

The mk3 would be fine, you say they just fit straight on?

How much for both pairs? I'll see how much a courier would be but. £15 doesn't sound too bad

The mk3 would be fine, you say they just fit straight on?

How much for both pairs? I'll see how much a courier would be but. £15 doesn't sound too bad

£50, I'll box them up, you sort the courier.

Update, the front weigh 10KG with carriers, the rears 3KG, allowing for the bathroom scales accuracy and packing with bubblewrap I'd say 15KG would do it

Edited by Dox

I only use paypal, no chance a mate could paypal for you? I'll weigh them later and post up my findings

Update, weighed on bathroom scales 3KG they'll fit in a box 100 x 150 x 300mm so I'll say 4kg boxed allowing for the scales accuracy should do it

I'll ask a few people if they have paypal and get back to you.

ok no-one I have asked paypal so I will have to pass on these sadly

Do you wnt to pay by cheque?

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

ok no-one I have asked paypal so I will have to pass on these sadly

Do you wnt to pay by cheque?

yes that's no problem - could you pm me your contact details and the name to put on the cheque?

Technology has left us behind so we (I!) tend to forget the most obvious solutions!

yes that's no problem - could you pm me your contact details and the name to put on the cheque?

Technology has left us behind so we (I!) tend to forget the most obvious solutions!

PMd :)

£50, I'll box them up, you sort the courier.

Update, the front weigh 10KG with carriers, the rears 3KG, allowing for the bathroom scales accuracy and packing with bubblewrap I'd say 15KG would do it

so if you posted them royal mail would it cost £65? sorry late reply hope you still have them

so if you posted them royal mail would it cost £65? sorry late reply hope you still have them

Royal mail would be more than that (an octavia rear wiper motor and arm was £10 / an octavia grill and door mirror £14 recently and they are know where near 15KG) . I'm going to post stuff later, I'll ask what a 15KG parcel would cost but I suspect £20+

Fla, your MK4 rears have just been collected by your courier a few minutes ago

Edited by Dox

thanks for letting me know, i'll let you know when they arrive.

Good seller and a very polite chap too!

thanks for letting me know, i'll let you know when they arrive.

Good seller and a very polite chap too!

Thanks and I echo your statement too :)

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

The cheapest is parcel force 48 for a 15KG parcel is £23. A courier would charge less, the savings would go towards paying for new seals or a clean up IMO, either way it would be wednesday onward now due to work and family commitments

The rears on closer inspection appear to have been blasted recently so will need close inspsection for blast media ingress and preferably new seals before fitment

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Fla, postie has just delivered your cheque, I'll pay it in on wednesday :)

eok thanks. can you pm me a postcode so i can have a look the weekend if i get a chance an your paypal email.

PM'd :)

Bump, front 288s and rear MK3s still available

Sold to Shaun, I'll post them as promissed on Monday (my first day off), but I'll need your full address before doing so.

:)

Posted this morning, weight was 14.75KG, cost £22.46!

Barcode being sent via PM