ray_vr6

DIY Paint Job

In an effort to try and save a few £££ to spend on my front end rebuild (reburbished subframe, new wishbones/all bushes/ball joints/tie rod ends and wheel bearings) plus I am also getting a new oil pump fitted and getting the fuel filter system renewed - I decided to have a go at repainting my very tired and stone chipped front bumper my self.

I am pretty pleased with the result as is the garage when I dropped the car off for the above work. The only problem is that the wings in particular now look very neglected so I may have a go at them as well. I know it is nowhere near a professional job but until I can afford a full respray I hope it will do.

If anyone is planning to do something similar I can strongly recommend a £5 plasticote aeorosol "trigger gun" for application.

I will post up some pics when I get the car back later this week.

Yep, done some diy spray job using spray cans, very pleased with result as long you spend your time to do it slowly.

In an effort to try and save a few £££ to spend on my front end rebuild (reburbished subframe, new wishbones/all bushes/ball joints/tie rod ends and wheel bearings) plus I am also getting a new oil pump fitted and getting the fuel filter system renewed - I decided to have a go at repainting my very tired and stone chipped front bumper my self.

I am pretty pleased with the result as is the garage when I dropped the car off for the above work. The only problem is that the wings in particular now look very neglected so I may have a go at them as well. I know it is nowhere near a professional job but until I can afford a full respray I hope it will do.

If anyone is planning to do something similar I can strongly recommend a £5 plasticote aeorosol "trigger gun" for application.

I will post up some pics when I get the car back later this week.

Ray,

When you say plastikote trigger gun, I presume you mean it will fit standard spray paint cans? I've seen them on the bay but assumed they were plastikote cans only.

Tim.

Interesting, thanks for sharing, I have a spare bumper I've been meaning to respray for ages :-)