delfinis38

Delfinis38 Vr6

Good effort! Nice to see things being done properly! :thumbleft:

cheers... hopefully I will have a few hours tomorrow to finish it.

Nice work. Have a set of these to fit down the line

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

What a PITA getting the new sender in... I have airco pipes in the way so makes it a bit more complex and the new sender has a tapered thread. After a few hours and a few chopped spanners, and a rather grazed arm where I've been putting it through the headlight and down by the alternator it's all connected up and working... Yippeeee.

What a PITA getting the new sender in... I have airco pipes in the way so makes it a bit more complex and the new sender has a tapered thread. After a few hours and a few chopped spanners, and a rather grazed arm where I've been putting it through the headlight and down by the alternator it's all connected up and working... Yippeeee.

Well done, good aren't they?

Ian.

Good stuff! How did you know what plug and loom to get?

Good stuff! How did you know what plug and loom to get?

If you read all the stuff in the search on guages your find the part numbers..

You need 1J0 972 704 which is the black plug @ £4.28

000 979 133 E which is the wire set... I ordered 4 wires but you can get away with 2 as they have plugs both ends and you can chop them in half. They are 3 quid each.. To be honest you could just buy the wire and terminals for the plug off eBay and make them up yourself. Would be cheaper.

Or I've been told it's the same plug as a mk3 golf sunroof motor...

Hope that helps

Edited by delfinis38

I get 6 bar when stone cold that again reduces to 2 bar when hot and idling - I have a rebuilt alternator also so I get around or just over 14 volts depending on load.

Ian.

I get 6 bar when stone cold that again reduces to 2 bar when hot and idling - I have a rebuilt alternator also so I get around or just over 14 volts depending on load.

Ian.

Your gauge reading for oil pressure is spot on and the colts are good too, nothing to worry about there.

Your gauge reading for oil pressure is spot on and the colts are good too, nothing to worry about there.

is that a reply to me or glosterox

Thanks John that is very encouraging to read, as the engine has over 227K on the clock!

Ian.

Just illustrates what these engines can do when in the loving care of an enthusiast

new battery fitted this morning, I also put waxoyl on the battery tray for a bit of protection. really need a proper battery clamp. when the guy fitted the airco years ago he lost it and replaced with some washers, last time I fitted a battery I bent a piece of metal up to hold the battery... its not ideal but works.

fitted one of Matt's after market headlight switch's not a fan of the red illumination that is always on. might put my old switch back, only changed it as its got a scratch on it.

bit of a polish if I get time later.

Edited by delfinis38

anyone taken an old battery to the scrappy recently..... any idea what scrap car batteries are worth these days.... I'm guessing 6kg lead

anyone taken an old battery to the scrappy recently..... any idea what scrap car batteries are worth these days.... I'm guessing 6kg lead

My local breakers gives £3 a battery.

Thanks harrier... Not worth me going out of my way to do at the moment then.... I had something in my mind of about7.50. But that may of been a leisure battery we had on our boat.

got a few projects on the go at the moment... seats are out for a good hoover. and been cleaning and waxing the wheel arches....

bought a new toy which keeps getting in the way with car progress...

A table tennis table :) when the weather warms up I guess it will go in the garden. and normal garage activity will resume.

will try and do a brake fluid change at the weekend.

Edited by delfinis38

not done much recently.... been painting the house and on holiday. (hence the ladder)

fitted new battery last month, bought yet another set of mats to add to the collection, upgraded all the old nokia speakers... and fitted new side repeaters as when I removed the old ones the clips were brittle.

had a bit of a polish yesterday...

Arch lining out this morning for a clean and change of fixings... Side repeater replaced and new brake pads fitted.... ooo clean car cover washed in the bath yesterday... I know you guys like pictures :)oil and filter change last week.