sharpy-vr6

Rotrex C30-94 supercharger

Well this is a decision I will probably regret :(. but due to new work commitments and needing to save i have to give up on my plans for supercharging my vr :(.

So now I have for sale a Brand new Rotrex c30-94 supercharger (the bigger charger). I brought this charger as bankrupt stock as a basic kit and it includes: magnetic oil filter, oil reservoir, oil lines and Charger.

these superchargers have had great reviews from everyone I have heard putting them onto a vr6 engine, most recently from Rams, who you may have seen in the members gallery is running some impressive figures. I really wish I could keep hold of this supercharger but I have to let it go and would love to see it go to someone on this forum, who I know will make the most of it and bring a vr6 engine to life.

To get this working on you vr6 engine all you will need is: A Mocal, Rotrex traction oil (sadly not cheap), A ribbed pulley (size of your choice), Intake pipework and A bracket (sold by storm or ccr)

This would be a lovely addition to any vr6 and I would love to see a corrado owner make the best use of this.

Im looking for £850 ono posted.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74169[/ATTACH]

Any questions please ask

Thanks guys

Sam

Great piece of kit, they go to approx 600 plus HP so if your running 300 BHP or something its not even stressed, so if you plan bigger power mods it's more than capable.

Mine achieved 332.4 BHP, transforms the car and sounds fantastic. Prepare the engine and put a smaller pulley in and increase boost!

I met a chap at Stanford Hall, think his name was John but I talked him into getting one and he said does Vince know about these things and replied, 'sure does'. His car was a Storm, green and ultra low mileage. So if anyone knows his forum name, I'm sure he would like to know a brand new one is up for grabs.

Where is that long over due lotto win for me!!!!

Good luck with the sale

Is this a c30-94 mate? Only ask as me rams have the same charger but rams the 94 which has Bigger internals and mine is the 84 but externally they're exactly the same so interchangeable, it's just the charger in that pic is huge compared to ours, the size looks the same up until the silver section but ive no idea what that dark grey add on section is? looks pretty much double the length? I paid nearly double this for mine so a good price but I'm just not sure on its size, its very tight in the engine bay of mine and rams' the same?

Glws

It does look longer than ours, but sometimes you can't tell from pictures. I did think that when I first saw the picture but then thought maybe its just the picture and ours had a different casing?

Hi

It was sold to me as c30-94 the diameters of the inlet and outlets would indicate its a 94 aswell.

But I never really thought about it, I got it cheaper as bankrupt stock as it didn't have oil cooler, traction oil or pulley.

It has rotrex c series markings on it which I can take a photo of tomorrow. But I have to admit other then that I don't know alot more.

I'm a little worried now though.

---------- Post added at 6:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:04 PM ----------

May have I halt this sale and have a look into it.

A quick google search it may be an Antonov 2 speed gearbox drive.

Which would make it able to give higher boosts top end but as you say the body's to big for engine bay :/.

I never even thought about it as I haven't seen a standard rotrex

Yeah Im now noticing this, looks like it was advertised as 2 speed gearbox when I brought it.

I'll have to have a good look at markings when back home at the weekend. But I'm rather interested to find out.

I will pay full asking price delivered for it.

Hate to comment on threads when I'm not buying and not say something positive but just thought I'd let you know, however it looks like you might just be able to remove the dark grey gearbox centre section and move the end plate on the right where the pulley is up against the actual charger section then sell the gearbox section on?

However see emu has called dibs on it :)

If you can remove the gearbox section to shorten it all down so it operates at normal speed then its a bargain ;)

No I'm actually glad you did I'm dead happy you did mention it, I wouldn't want to sell someone something they couldn't use.

Hence why Im making it not for sale anymore until I've worked out a bit more about it.

Apologies to everyone especially emu and science.

I'm not sure how to delete this thread if a mod/ admin could for me that would be great.

Thanks guys this could be an interesting find looking at it.

Sorry again

Sam

I think you are quite right doing that mate as you want people to know what they are buying :thumbleft:

No probs, would be interesting to see what the change over point and boost levels were.

Good luck with sorting it all out. As said its too wide currently to fit on a VR but if you just take off the gearbox then can't see why it wouldn't be fine then have the gearbox to sell on separately, that's the theory anyway ;)

Never seen a Rotrex with a gearbox, they do sell one with a clutch built in though, could be that. You said 2 speed gearbox, can the gears be changed via external means or does it have to come to bits?

I've had a rotrex to bits and would like to bet the gearbox section is removable.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

I suggest you don't remove it and sell it to someone who has a suitable platform, try Kev as I do believe this will fit on the R32 and I did read that it crossed his mind. Here is some info on the charger.

May 6, 2006 Antonov will demonstrate an innovative two speed supercharger at the Engine Expo in Stuttgart (Germany) next week and at Zandvoort race circuit in the Netherlands the following week using a Mercedes and Ford Mustang fitted with the high performance add-on. The Mustang will then be shipped to North America to feature in the Hot Rod Power Tour.

The two speed drive enables a Rotrex centrifugal pump supercharger to be better matched to any engine. By driving the supercharger faster at low engine speeds, higher boost ratio can be obtained to provide additional low speed engine torque. As engine speed rises the unit automatically changes up to enable the supercharger to continue to operate effectively at higher engine speeds.

The ability of the mechanism to operate as a passive device without the need for additional external control or hydraulics offers low cost, high efficiency and simplicity of application. The compact Antonov drive system - essentially a tiny automatic gearbox - extends the engine torque curve delivered by a centrifugal pump supercharger. This type of supercharger is in itself more compact, less complex and less expensive than a positive displacement supercharger, but in comparison cannot offer the same torque output at low engine revs. The addition of an Antonov drive system, however, extends the engine torque curve available to exceed even the performance of a positive displacement blower. In addition, the torque curve can be tuned so that a smaller displacement engine matches exactly the performance of a much larger naturally aspirated unit.

Antonov anticipates demand for the drive system will come from carmakers needing to downsize engines in pursuit of better fuel efficiency and reduced CO2 emissions. The trouble with smaller displacement engines is the loss of low end torque; hence the need to compensate through forced induction to restore the driveability of the vehicle and its engine performance characteristics. Many industry pundits consider the trend to smaller engines unavoidable in pursuit of improved powertrain efficiency and the ultimate market potential therefore could be as high as 100 million engines annually reflecting global vehicle production forecasts over the next 10 to 20 years.

A pure research and development company, Antonov expects to licence the technology to high volume clients either directly or through their Tier 1 suppliers. Antonov can manage the initial manufacture and supply of up to 10,000 units annually through its production supply partner Neue ZWL Zahnradwerk. However the plan is for much lower preliminary sales growing to around 4,000 units over the next three years. Located near Leipzig, Neue ZWL, has a history of 100 years in the manufacture of transmissions and gearbox components

Thanks Joni, a bit more information there, that's if it is an Antonov box. Unfortunately I'm not with the unit this week to check for any marking or signs.

But I'm fairly sure the seller mentioned it was 2 speed gearbox I just presumed that was standard. It's interesting I want to try find out more.

I thought my ears were burning :D. I did have a look at this earlier but now that it's been updated with 2 speed info, you've got my attention! I'll look into it's fitment on an R32 and availability of brackets etc. Could well be interested if Emu doesn't take it and it defo is an antonov :D

Whoooooaaaaaa you may get that 400bhp back with that bad boy Kev I would like you to buy it as I know it would turn into something that would be of help to other's :thumbleft: