arnold chun

vr6 not sparking,,no fuel???,,,,,,any help?

..any one no a good electrician ?lincs area?....my dead rado,,1995 vr6,,no spark no fuel,,,,long story anyway,,,,changed relays 109.. ,and bridged nesacery,conectionsto make sure fuel pump does work,,,changed ecu(from rams so guessing ok)changed crank sensor....still nothing,,,no power to coils,,,,,,have power?blue /red to ecu,,,,turns over fine,,,,i tried to plug in but wouldnt read ?,,,any one any idea.......thinking bout scrapping it now,,any help be great,,,thanks ..

Edited by arnold chun

Have you checked engine speed sensor ? (located quite low down around the oil filter housing (on the block)).

IIRC if this one is toast you won't get any spark, and also think it cuts fuel......

Have you checked all your ground connections ? - make sure there is good grounds around........

ok update any happy man ?well nearly..............ok had bit more of a look,,,,a while ago i ordered 109 relay it came and was same as old one any way,,,after bit messin this morn i took it out and checked fusebox spades noticing there was more conections,,,,anyway i had load audi rellays one of which was same layout as the 109 but with an extra connector,,,pluged it in anf hey presto 5 years of nothing she fired instant,,,,,but stopeed after about 3-5 seconds,,,does that everytime,,,so im guessing immobilser?,,,will it be the key reader or the box under dash near the spoiler switch?,,,can i use just another vw keyreader?thanks for all your help so far,,,