lewvw

VR6 Alloy sump, Headbolts

Elring vr6 head bolt set brand new £30 posted

Alloy 24v sump brand new (fits any vr6) £65 posted

Please allow up to a week for postage as I have to rely on my partner to post as I don't work near a post office

Payment by bank transfer please

Lewis

Edited by lewvw

Hey Lew,

Have you still got everything for sale mate? My Storm's currently undergoing head gasket replacement and I need quite a few parts. The RX's are quietly waiting in the background to go on by the way!

Please have a look at my thread in the wanted section for everything that I need.

Are Victor Reinze or Elring (head) gaskets the same as genuine ones?

Have you got any more parts I might need during the head rebuild?

Cheers,

Phil

Edited by Philstrm250

PM sent Lew.

Would the 24v sump require a different gasket, plug and bolts compared to a genuine late VR sump?

I have a spare new genuine sump gasket, is it early or late? It's grey and looks fabric, part no. RNZ 021 103 609, the guy who I bought it off on here said it's for a late VR, hhmm, but I thought late ones are rubber? does it really matter and could I still use it on my VR?

First dibs please on everything for sale except the yellow fog lights.

Cheers,

Phil

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

PM sent Lew.

Would the 24v sump require a different gasket, plug and bolts compared to a genuine late VR sump?

I have a spare new genuine sump gasket, is it early or late? It's grey and looks fabric, part no. RNZ 021 103 609, the guy who I bought it off on here said it's for a late VR, hhmm, but I thought late ones are rubber? does it really matter and could I still use it on my VR?

First dibs please on everything for sale except the yellow fog lights.

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Phil, Jim Bowen pm'd me last week about the tappets and headgasket kit and he confirmed this morning that he wants them sorry. The 24v sump uses silicone sealant instead of a gasket. Do you want the headbolts?

Hi Lew, damn! just missed out, you should have let me know about the parts at Volksfest mate, I'd have cleared your garage out!

Yes I'm interested in the head bolts, when could you post them mate as time is of the essence. Are these genuine or OE replacement?

What's the advantage of having a 24v sump, apart from that it's alloy and looks nice? So it's a straight swap, no mods. required etc.?

Cheers,

Phil

Sorry about that, i Pm'd Lewis as it seemed like an old thread when i found it and wasn't sure if Lewis was still selling the bits.

24v sump is baffled inside, it does fit straight on. The Head bolts are not VW parts but a good replacement, i just been thinking i should of bought them as well, was going to get the arp kit but thats over £200. VW bolts are something like £7 each and you need 20no

Hi Jim and Lew, no worries chaps. Thanks for the parts advice.

Lew I would like first dibs on the head bolts please, what's the earliest you could post or courier them?

Or would you be willing and able to meet me half way at Chievley services one evening this week please!?

I'd take the sump aswell then.

So can I use my new genuine - REINZ? fabric sump gasket on my old sump or does it have to be the late rubber type?

Cheers,

Phil

Edited by Philstrm250

24v sump is baffled inside, it does fit straight on.

It's the MK5 R32 sump that has baffle plates inside. The MK4 R32 / 24V just has a couple of fins in it but is still better than the plain steel one for oil surging.

Make sure you use the proper VW white sealant for the sump. It cures to more of a latex consistency and over spills don't peel off and get sucked into the oil pump like normal sealant does. The VW stuff cures very quickly too, so you don't have long to get the sump up and torqued down. 20 mins tops.

Many thanks for the advice Kev.

Lew, which type of sump is it, MK4 or MK5? Is it a genuine one?

Are the Elring head bolts the same as the "best quality" parts that you can order from euro car parts, you can order cheap parts or best quality / direct OE replacement instead of paying a fortune for VW, like with the head bolts. I know VW are the best but are expensive in comparison.

Kev - have you got any advice please, best quality or genuine parts for head gasket replacement parts, mine's blown and the head is off for machining.

I'm after quite a few parts in my wanted thread but it gets pricey if it's all new genuine stuff. Corrado fun and games!

Also if I keep my original sump then would my brand new REINZ (genuine?) fabric sump gasket be fine, instead of a late rubber gasket.

Cheers

Hi Phil, I can post bolts tomorrow. I can't meet you this week though sorry.

Hi Lew, I'll take the head bolts please, 30 posted. I'll say no thanks to the sump for now.

Please PM me details for a bank transfer.

Many thanks.

Hi Lew,

Sorry mate, the garage that's doing the work on my car need the head bolts asap and can't wait until Thu for yours to arrive, they've ordered genuine ones.

Shame you didn't mention that you already had all of these parts at Volksfest, nevermind!

So Lew's head bolts are back on the parts menu boys and girls if anyone wants them.