Erallus

He's dead jim!

Hi all,

Went down to the garage today and it won't start.

Vault gauge was showing less than 10 and when I turned the key the

Abs light, alternator light and oil light all flash and the car makes a ticking noise.

I thought, flat battery, so tried giving it a jump start, after 4 min of charging it still wouldn't start. Reckon it needs a new battery?

Anything else I could have missed?

Ticking could be the starter motor , rock the car backwards and forwards a bit in 1st gear , then try . Robster R32 was at mine earlier, went to start the car , same problem .If it starts then you know starter is playing up .

Rob

Ticking could be the starter motor , rock the car backwards and forwards a bit in 1st gear , then try . Robster R32 was at mine earlier, went to start the car , same problem .If it starts then you know starter is playing up .

Rob

I charged the battery for about 6min and it started okay. Took for a good run, seems okay now. Cheers for advice. Ill have to keep and eye on this battery.

An extra 2 minutes makes all the difference ;)

Lol! It does, in a more than one situation! Reving the engine of the car with the good battery made a big a difference.