16vTdub

Corrado 1.8t 20v Aum 6 speed diesel gearbox conversion question..

I am thinking about going down the 6speed gearbox route with my 20vT corrado..

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light into a 6speed conversion on a 1.8t 20v AUM engine.. I have sourced a 6speed setup out of a bora pd 130 the gearbox code is erf or efr the seller is unsure on the actual code.

Apparently he has everything needed to change from 5speed to 6speed, Gearbox, drive shafts, hydro line(clutch line) with clips and gear selector with knob

Now my question is will this gearbox setup work with my engine which is currently running a 02J with a single mass G60 flywheel and vr6 clutch.. Also what flywheel and clutch setup will I need to use if I will be using the 6speed gearbox?

Cheers for the link mate, But will my G60 flywheel not work?

The gearbox bracket I will be using the dutchbuilds one..

The driveshafts are standard items, Can I not swap the driveshaft cups over from the 02J so I can run my current driveshafts?

Would the diesel gearbox work is my main question :scratch:

I looked into this and was led to believe that the flywheel for the 6 speed 02M is smaller which is why you need a different fly.

The driveshaft is the reason it gets expensive as you have to have one shortened or by one specifically made for it

You could look for an 02s which is the 6 speed version of the 02a/02j box, this will fit straight in with only a small adaptor bracket to fit the rear mount, but you will need to get the bell house casing swapped for one from an 02a to have the speedo drive. One from a diesel touran should be fine for a 1.8t