Sign in to follow this  
eugopnosaj

WTB VR6 doors

Hey guys, if you don't already know i had some idiot lorry delivery driver crash into my n/s door causing some considerate damage to it and the rear wing (not so much but still would need repair) so while im awaiting details for the insurance (hoping its not a write off) i am searching for a new/second hand passengers door in good condition, also the later style handles with the lipping around the lock.

Since i will be getting some spraying done i might also be in the market for a drivers door also. Colour is not an issue as spraying will need to be done, but it needs to be in a reasonably good condition.

Let me know what you've got, i won't be buying right away but would be good to know what is out there.

Thanks!

I've got a passenger door - only after £10 for the petrol I spent collecting it ;) Not got a door handle (inside or out) but has the latch. Think it has a window motor? Needed respraying anyway, I was originally going to get Audi handles welded into a spare set of doors but mine aren't bad and stripping them is a pain so I may as well just do them on the car.

I'm just down the M1 so easy enough to get to.

I've got a passenger door - only after £10 for the petrol I spent collecting it ;) Not got a door handle (inside or out) but has the latch. Think it has a window motor? Needed respraying anyway, I was originally going to get Audi handles welded into a spare set of doors but mine aren't bad and stripping them is a pain so I may as well just do them on the car.

I'm just down the M1 so easy enough to get to.

Thanks, the car will get surveyed next week hopefully so i won't know the outcome till then (whether they can do the repair or ill need to buy a door). Out of curiosity what colour is the door?

It started off blackberry, but has a nice mixture of black and white overspray - you wouldn't want it on the car without respraying, it'd look like you'd escaped from a Christmas scene :lol:

Nice and straight though!

Haha, fair enough, well the engineer came around to survey my car, I'll find out tomorrow but I might well be paying you a visit :( I'll let you know of the outcome. He didn't sound very confident to be honest, he did mention that it might be a write off which just sucks...

Hey stonejag is the door still available? I did send you a pm but it was on my phone and I'm not sure if it sent...

Basically the insurance estimator valued the car at 1800, and the repairs at 1400 and thankfully didn't write it off. He did stress though that it would be with a second hand door...which is understandable as they don't make new ones any more...

Anyway, after the broken CV joint and a fiasco with gettinga courtesy car (thats another story) and getting the VR road worthy for the garage repair and a funeral the car finally went to the repair garage on Tuesday. I spoke to the engineer on Wednesday who said although the insurance company had given me a quote the garage would need to do another but that I needed to give them permission since it'd need to be a 2nd hand door. I gave them the all clear only to receive a voicemail today saying that the garage couldn't get a second hand door and that they weren't going to do the repairs but offer me a cash sum for the value of the repair.

I'm not sure if this means its a write off because she said that since its drivable I needed to go and collect it from the garage and give the courtesy car back.

Im now a bit confused as she said that they'd only gove me the cost ex vat...but surely I'd still have to pay vat out of my own pocket, she assured me I wouldn't lose out but thst doesn't make sense...

So, now I need a door!