Rams

Alignment of Anti roll bar

Each time the car goes on the ramp which is quite often.... I notice the ARB is not exactly centred. You can tell by looking at the wishbones each side and measuring the gap.

You can just knock it back into centre by tapping one end with a soft mallet. But wondered why this would be? Has anyone noticed this before?

It's an Eibach front ARB and the wish bones are polly bushed. The ARB bushes are supplied by Eibach with the kit so they must be correctly sized to the larger roll bar.

Any bright ideas?

I had a knock on the front suspension and found the ARB had moved causing the knock. I moved it back and all was fine.

I did notice that I have 1 offset ARB front eye and 1 straight ARB front eye, I'm not sure if that is right or if I should have 2 offset eyes. I assume with the offset inboard on both sides, the ARB would remain centred.

I kind of follow you.

When you say off set eye do you mean the actual shape towards the ends of the ARB?

What ARB are you using?

I have a standard ARB at the moment.

What I mean by the eye is the front mount that goes on the wishbone, when you look from the side the threaded part is either centered to the bush or slightly to one side of the bush.

I just thought, isn't yours is a VR so different to mine anyway, doh

when you look from the side the threaded part is either centered to the bush or slightly to one side of the bush.

Sounds to me like your car has one Mk2 Golf ARB Link, and one Corrado one.

On the Mk2 Golf (apart from G60) the threaded part is inline with the bush, and on the Corrado (and Golf G60) ones the bush is offset to one side.