emu

Corrado Replacement

I owned 6 different Corrado's in the past 11 years and was thinking about a change for last couple of years. It had to be something else. What I needed was quick 4x4 car and 4 doors would be a bonus so here it's probably on of the most expensive car to run but I feel same way as I felt in 2002 when I bought my first Corrado.

Here we go, very clean 45k miles on the clock and 371 PS

g69e.jpg

57xs.jpg

s9dh.jpg

81wm.jpg

xtk6.jpg

ohtm.jpg

nice, do like the styling on this model.

Apart from the turbo and bits its the similar engine i had in my Galant sport (4G63 eng code?) it was bullet proof.

Have fun!

If you do servicing yourself though, it'll work out no more expensive over time than any other car you pay a garage to service for you. Obviously fuel prices and tax (dependant on year) are the expensive things though. I've always been an evo man myself too. Much prefer them to the common chav scoobys!

I'll be servicing it myself except AYC pump. It is still almost £200 every 4,5k miles for good oils, plugs and filter + £150 for service AYC pump at dealers. Car is very quick and I absolutely love it.

Nice, will be interested to see how you get on, in terms of costs and reliability.

Am starting to wonder if i'm mad keep ploughing money into the corrado and its still never right.

My mate had an IX FQ360. It was slower than my VRT in a straight line but on B roads, nothing could touch it. My god the HKS exhaust absolutely drones like hell though. Normal conversation in the car at cruising speed is difficult. Suspension is stupid hard as well. Defo not a daily car. Absolutely drinks fuel as well.

It's defo not a daily car. Clutch is fine but changing gears at low speeds it's not always smooth as was in Corrado. Fuel doe's not matter as it is not a daily car but prewious owner could make 200 miles of the tank, I don't know yet, so far done 80 miles and have half of the tank left but 60 miles was on a total blast. Suspension if very hard but this one is on ralliart coilovers.

Never been in proper VRT on the blast but this is much faster as was my S3 on GT28RS.

273 PS per 1 Tone does the job :)

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Nice, will be interested to see how you get on, in terms of costs and reliability.

Am starting to wonder if i'm mad keep ploughing money into the corrado and its still never right.

Was in your shoes mate and I decided to finally ditch Corrado and move on, You have to remember that evo parts prices are mad, sometimes 10 times or even more than corrado parts prices but if you find right car with low mileage hopefully you don't have to fix it to often.

Never been in proper VRT on the blast but this is much faster as was my S3 on GT28RS.

273 PS per 1 Tone does the job :)

That's a little turbo dragging 1500kg :D

Yep that's a good hp/tonne. I couldn't believe the grip and cornering speeds of my mate's. Insane cars and good fun :D

Evo 6 weight same what VR6 1360 kg. Compering that to S3 it's lot quicker :)

I would get the wheels done in silver. Never been in one but there aint many going about up here which is good. Ive always liked the VII version the best as they are a bit more subtle. As said better than Subaru.

I would get the wheels done in silver. Never been in one but there aint many going about up here which is good. Ive always liked the VII version the best as they are a bit more subtle. As said better than Subaru.

Yep, wheels doesn't suit me either but they will be on the car so far as they are in very good condition. When tyres get bold I'll be fitting 18" rota grids.