stevec14

Corrado 1991 interior door pulls? Which upgrade ones are best

Hi All

Planning to upgrade the plastic interior door pulls to the chrome audi ones to give the door cards a bit of colour.

Which ones fit the early corrado best. Is it the Audi 80's or the audi 100? I know they require modding to fit but I can't remember which type.

Thanks

Steve

There are companies that make them to fit, try eBay - they are specific to Corrado and not Audi. I've got them in my car. Sometime you have to shave the plastic part that actually locates to the door so when you pull the lever it doesn't dowel the plastic it sits into as usually the chrome lever is a bit thicker than the standard plastic one.

It's the chrome audi locks on the edge of the door that people use as they are the same locks but came standard in chrome in some Audi's.

Thanks for reply.

Many years ago i had a mk1 golf gti cabby with full black leather in it, and did this mod to it. I remember sourcing audi interior door pulls as they are metal not plastic painted chrome. Are the aftermarket ones metal?

Steve

Thanks for reply.

Many years ago i had a mk1 golf gti cabby with full black leather in it, and did this mod to it. I remember sourcing audi interior door pulls as they are metal not plastic painted chrome. Are the aftermarket ones metal?

Steve

Most after market ones are Chrome Plated Plastic, however I think ARZ may do a metal one?

Ian.

HI All

Just went on their website 14.9 euro plus shipping seems a good price. Will order some when i get car back from bodyshop.

Steve

GlosterOx is correct,

I have the ARZ ones,and they are the metal type

Did they fit without any problems, as I tried some plastic ones previously and there was no way they would work without serious modifications!!

Ian.

I went from standard to the plastic chrome,these were a straight fit,but always felt cheap to the touch,the ARZ ones are a lot tighter,and feel so much better.I took the doorcard off,and unhooked the handle and the handle holder,as you know the lever handle just. clips in,if you need any pics,I have all the old ones in "kit form"

No modifications were necessary

They won't fit an early interior !

I couldn't do a link,so I took a pic

evy7yjan.jpg

---------- Post added at 5:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:31 PM ----------

http://www.arz-tuning.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p627_Chrome-Door-Openers---VW-Corrado--old-style-interior-.html

Woohoo I did it

Edited by dragon green

a5uhejam.jpg

2avedebu.jpg

Ian,if you want them you can have them for postage,or free delivery at the Nationals

Can I take them off you @ National day please?

Ian.