matasj89

Can't get insured

You can't apply logic to car insurance. In the past I too have found 3rd party to cost almost as much as fully comp. Prices fluctuate on a daily basis. And it can be more expensive to insure a low value car than a higher value one. Think of insurance quotes as random numbers, where the info you provide just affects the range of numbers used.

​Anyway it seems you *can* get insurance it's just too expensive. All you can do is keep trying.

:thumbleft: Yup, that's what i'm doing - took me 20 insurance companies to get a quote, and it is more than without my no-claims. Used to pay £1420... Abroad - £180 (annual) after 5 years

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

I think that's down to individual insurers. My missus is Czech and her premiums come out the same as mine on the comparison sites. I rang QuotemeHappy (who her car is covered by) just to make sure and they said their was no loading for the EU license or her country of origin.

Like they would say otherwise :) . The point is that when I asked "why I can't get a quote" I got an answer "I don't know, maybe you've got criminal convictions...". I find it quite offensive, but still that won't change the problem - the costs of insurance are ridiculous, maybe because of foreigners such as myself, but damn it - most of them who get involved in an accident (not only participants, but culprits - can't even find another word to express myself) don't even have valid insurance or proper driving license.

In the end - I want to have a proper insurance (with the address where I live). Not Swansea one which gets me £30 a month and is not quite legal...

work this one out picked up my storm today and I was quoted 742 lastnight rung them when I bought it and found it had a cat 1 alarm and a tracker fitted they put that into the system and the price went up to 950 asked the guy on the phone why he said im not sure. so I told him that I don't think the tracker or alarm works he took it off and back down to 742?

I swear they just pick number and give it too us

You should move to Bournemouth mate! I just paid £300 for my VR6, fully comp. I'm 26 with 7 years no claims. That was with Admiral, Adrian Flux wanted £470... They were very pleased to tell me that my premium was, I quote "only £10 more expensive than last year". They wouldn't match Admiral so I jumped ship :D

Try Peter D James. Got mine for £160. But then I'm not near 21 - closer to the Big 5 -0! Based in Glasgow which also has high insurance premiums so maybe they're worth a try.

Try performance direct , always the cheapest , with great cover , beat the rest mentioned here every year hands down .

How old are you?

It's all down to postcodes. I remember when I went to Uni; my insurers wanted an extra £1000 to move from Sheffield to Leeds.

Robbing bar stewards.

This.