Jimmykav

clicking noise - help needed!

Hi all

I have a 90 1.8 and recently I've been getting a clicking noise when turning the wheel at low speed/stand still. It goes or is very faint at higher speed. I've had the top mounts replaced and both outer cv's and its made no difference.

Any suggestions as to what it could be??

Cheers

Is it a click or a clunk noise? Could it be the exhaust rubbers are knackered and the exhaust is knocking?

if its a clunk it could be the rear wishbone bushes.i had a clunk i could never find untill i fitted pollybushes to wishbones and it stopped

If anything its more a mix of a click and a clunk, which I guess doesn't help much lol. I'll have a look at the exhaust. The whole system has been moving about and banging a lot recently too, even though I've replaced all mounts with poly ones. Would that likely be another symptom if it were the exhaust?

Carrots, surely if the noise is coming from the front end it wouldn't be something on the rear would it??

Cheers guys

When you replaced the top mounts were the bearings done at the same time? I know some mounts the bearings are integral; some are seperate.

I'd also be looking at front wheel bearings if you changed the CV's. also bottom ball joints; although I can't see them clicking when turning.

Im not sure about bearings because I didn't fit them. All I know is they were the upgrade meyle g60 ones from vw heritage. Front wheel bearings are old and so are the ball joints so ill give them ago. Cheers for the help guys. Much appreciated.

Ive decided im going to replace the two CVs and the rest of the susupension components anyway, even though im not convinced it going to sort the problem. After doing a bit of research, especially on the Canadian forum, it seems many Corrado owners have this problem. One cause that persistantly came up was the result of a cracked subframe. Anyone have any ideas on this??