Sean_Jaymo

Mk3 ABS System

Thought I'd post in this thread rather than the one I made.

When I remove the standard corrado abs wiring. Do I need to cut the looms open and re tape them up?

Not looked in car too much. Mainly just the bay.

I also want to remove alarm and the air con black temp wiring. Rather than have taped up connectors everywhere.

The ABS loom is completely separate from the rest of the car Jim apart from maybe the last few inches where all the wires go into the fuse box. You do need to lift the seats out and the carpets up to gain all the access to the wiring you need.

Nice one. Will be making a start on this next. As far as removing original alarm is it just remove all the hardware and wiring or do I need someone to do something with ecu. I have vcds.

The alarm is nothing to do with the ecu unless it's a massively clever, new and expensive. Just remove and redo any wiring.

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

Excellent. Alarm is out now. Just need to join a few wires back together.

Nearly got the abs out as well. Where does the wire go when it branches off from the passenger side sill under the carpet and over the hump in middle of car. Didn't manage to get the drivers seat out today.

A wire Tees off to the diagnostic block behind the dash in front of the gear stick and the rest of the loom goes under the drivers seat, along the door opening and into the fuse box.

My abs hasn't worked for the 8yrs or so I've owned the car. Not sure I really want it but thought this was a good chance to fix it properly and will save hassle on future mots

That's always a good thing. The bit I like most about having it fitted is the feel of the pedal and how well and square it pulls up.

Are you fitting 288s and braided lines as well?

I bought p3rks whole setup from him.

You got it eventually then Jim? Did you purchase anything else from him? I have bought stuff from him all be it before the recent event's.

I bought my cylinder head from him in the past and was no problem. Bought the abs system and oil catch can setup from him. Took a while and a few deliveries. But he got it all sorted in the end and I'm happy with the parts.

I think it was genuine enough the problem's he was having he himself had enough issues with Corrado's he owned (a G60 in particular) which he got alot of grief on here for when he broke it but people are quick to shift the blame. Glad you got sorted Jim I'm watching avidly :thumbleft:

Another question.

Do i need the brake switch that is mounted on the top front of pedal inside car? Or do i disconnect and remove that with this system?

You still need the brake light switch on the pedal box but you will plug the new system into a spare light switch feed for the new ecu to know when the brake system is in use.

Nice one. Will put it back then.

Think I have got all the wires joined up in the fuse box. Hope I got it right. The wires matched colours that I joined together.

I think I cut a yellow/black wire to remove the old system. Then I joined the new loom to it. It also had a yellow/black wire. But it had a single connector on the end. Which I cut off. Thought it was odd as perks had it fitted to his so can't of cut that.

I take it you used the a2 resource ce2 diagrams? It's what I used and all is well. The yellow/black is switched live if memory serves.

Yeah, i looked online and triple checked, i remember at the time thinking it was right, but always seem to worry afterwards :lol:

Better late than never!

The yellow/black is the brake light feed iirc. It's a spare and secondary feed as the other end of that wire already goes into a brake light feed, it's purely a back up. I plugged it into a spare red/black feed from the Corrado (matching male/female plug so clips straight in) which is also brake light feed (just tested mine with a screwdriver with a bulb in and made sure it was activated with the pedal press).

I still have all the photos from when I removed it if you want to double check your work?

Sorry once again for being so slack, job/family problems and uber stress. After having 6 weeks off I'm relaxed and back on form. Anything you need, help, advice on the install I'm only a phone call away, any thing of my parts box I'm selling that you require just shout up and I'll post it out as a kiss and make up x

Hi mate. No worries. Got everything I needed in the end and all decent parts.

Just looked at a diagram and I snipped a wire when removing my old abs. As there was just one wire going into a plug with a few on it. It was yellow/black location D07 on fusebox. Says it's for abs pump relay.

I joined the yellow/black wire from the teves20 loon to that wire the rest made sense I think.