marni

abs

hi people which abs can i put on my car its non abs if someone can help me out that be good thanks

What model Corrado do you have?

Why do you want ABS? I personally prefer the pedal feel with non-abs.

my g60 did not have abs i was runing 300bhp in it and brake lock up and now iam putting the 1.8t in a 1.8 16v and do not what the same thing to happen again

It will be quite a job I think. You will need to provide for the sensors on each wheel, at least backplates, maybe bearing carriers with the sensor holes, slotted rings on each hub, extensive hydraulic pipe re-routing, installation of ABS hydraulic unit (pump and valve block), ABS ECU and associated electrical installation.

Best wishes

RB

yep, best to get a doner car, ideally a 4 cylinder 8v or 16v late Corrado, to make sure you get everything you need, but most of the components are shared with the mk3, although watch out for anything 5 stud specific from a mk3 if you are fitting to a 4 stud 16v corrado.

As above really.

You'll need all the correct running gear so the sensors fit etc. stub axels, abs rings, hub carriers. Whether or not the 4-stud is specific I don't know.

As for the ABS system I can't recommend the later Teves20 system enough. Found on late MK3 golfs and late B4 Passats. No Corrado came with it but they can be retro fitted easily enough. If you have a blank canvas I would do this route. It's a 4-way system (all four corners independent) compared to the Corrado ABS which is 3-way (rear is combined) its smarter, faster, lighter, uses less mechanical parts, has a larger pump for better feel and spare parts are easier and cheaper to find. Also comes with EDL under 30mph.

From a late post '95 MK3 Golf or a late 95-ish B4 Passat.

The Passat is a straight swap, the Golf requires some modding and/or some parts from the B4 Passat.

Have a quick search, its been discussed a few days ago and I posted pretty much everything you need to know. I'm on my phone at the moment so can't find it.