Gareth192001

Haha insurance fails

After 15 pictures sent from different angles of my car I've just been informed that i need to pay an extra £76 because mine is a storm thats one expensive sticker anyone else had this?

I seem to remember storms being 1 group higher than stock vrs..... didn't think they bothered any more

You gotta take the rough with the smooth sometimes! Owning a storm isn't all benefits!

I thought I would have a look at this on the system at work out of interest. Obviously it will vary with different companies (it even varied on our system with the various underwriters we use) so may be different with your own insurer and there are loads of other factors (vehicle age, value, security etc) that can effect the premium other than just vehicle group.

A normal VR6 and VR6 storm came out the same on most of the Classic policies, so I looked at the groupings on a "normal" policy with a couple of the major underwriters (we use a 1-50 group scale):

VR6 Storm grp 46

VR6 grp 43 (auto/manual the same)

G60 grp 37

2.0 16v grp 37

1.8 16v grp 30

2.0 8v grp 32

Why is the Corrado such a high grouping? :( I fail to understand why you could pretty much insure something like a Mercedes SL55 for less money than you could insure a Corrado :|

And why is the 2.0 8v higher group than the 1.8 16v?

And the G60 the same as the 2.0 16v?

It makes me wonder if the people in charge of classifying cars actually know anything about cars in the first place?