Jim Bowen

Car electricity turned off.

Parked up and came back to car 10mins later and noticed that the clock and mfa had all reset. Like the battery had been disconnected and reconnected.

Car started fine but lost all my mfa info. Had been using the no.2 setting to record mileage since engine change.

Car started fine but lost all my mfa info. Had been using the no.2 setting to record mileage since engine change.[/

my g60 has allways done this too! never really investigated it.

​what does fuse 21 power then?

The MFA has two power sources(fuses) one for when the ignition is on,and one (fuse21)when everything is turned off.Perhaps over time the contact wasn't very good,and it needed resetting !

It happened again over the weekend, this time i watched it happen and it did it during me turning the car over.

I notice the power cuts from the MFA display while turning it over, has only reset these two times though.

I notice quite a bit of abnormal clicking from the rear somewhere while turning it over, could this be related to problem with the fuel pump?

No i haven't, will give them a check next then. Is there one in the rear somewhere, i specially cleaned up all the ones in engine bay when i rebuilt it all.

---------- Post added at 2:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:10 PM ----------

Anyone know much about relay 18? Wondering if thats something to do with it.

Just been out for lunch and all the digital display on dash goes blank when turning the car over, comes back and does remember what was there (most of the time)

ah mine does this, well the mfa resets itself when you switch engine off , thought that was normal lol , the only info I use off it is for oil temp , would be nice to not have to scroll through the others every time ;) will check fuse 21 and report back

Just been to a battery place and had mine tested, was only showing 122 cold cranking amps, Aren't they meant to be around 700. Bought a new battery while i was there, will fit it tonight.

Car only just started when leaving the battery place, think his little tester took some of my electricity away.

Worth checking the ignition switch as well. Make yourself a bypass cable and keep it in the car just in case, you may be needing it soon...

Stone

the only info I use off it is for oil temp , would be nice to not have to scroll through the others every time

Mine doesn't reset the figures (not that i have noticed anyway) but I have to scroll through it every restart to get to the oil temp, is it meant to remember the last setting you were using?

I have already renewed the ignition switch, only a few months back, i started to wonder if the new switch had an issue. but the new battery seems to of stopped all the funny clicking noises from ignition and the fuel pump, etc

Having similar problems, clocks go blank as soon as I turn the engine off. Fuse 21 keeps blowing as soon as I put in a replacement. Disconnected the glove box light which fixed my problems for about a day, so it's now a case of checking everything else that the fuse is related to :( Good luck with your search too!

Mine doesn't reset the figures (not that i have noticed anyway) but I have to scroll through it every restart to get to the oil temp, is it meant to remember the last setting you were using?

No, it doesn't do that - every time you remove the key it will revert to showing the clock.

If it really bothers you, you can mod your gauge cluster to automatically press the button five times every time you start it ;)

Stone

No, it doesn't do that - every time you remove the key it will revert to showing the clock.

If it really bothers you, you can mod your gauge cluster to automatically press the button five times every time you start it ;)

Stone

Cool, book marked that for further investigation another day :cool: