CrispyQ

Idle issue with my 2.0L 16V corrado

Hi all,

lately ive been having a idle issue with my 2.0L 16V corrado it starts first time every time and will run and pull perfect as soon as you add even a tiny bit of gas but on tick over it has trouble keeping to one place also if sat in traffic for a longer than normal period of time with it on tick over the water and oil temp seem to get abit hotter than running temp but returns to normal once started to drive again. im not sure if the 9a engines have a idle stabilizer valve like the 1.8 16v which could have gotten blocked? or is the idle all done by vacuum pressure to the dizzy? I have also been told that it could be a oxygen sensor, just wondering if anybody else has had a problem like this and if so how they resolved it?

Thanks guys

Anthony

Hi,

It's a subject that's been covered a lot

Go to advanced search, it's above and right

Type in 2.0 16v idle problem and you'll get plenty to read.......I'd have done it for you but only on my phone

Oh and welcome btw :)

And if you are still having problem searching go to your web browser and type this into URL address bar:

site:the-corrado.net 2.0 16v iddle issue

It will use google search to crawl this forum for answers you seek.

Ps. I had problems with ISV in my valver but they were diif to yours my car would simply cut out. New ISV and problem is gone.

Edited by guildmage

Yup, sounds like an ISV issue. I had that on my valver . Replaced the unit and its been fine since.

Cheers

Jeff

Also check all the air hoses thoroughly. Had similar prob once and it was a split on the underside of a hose. Very difficult to spot

Mine was a split wire inside the sheathing, for the throttle potentiometer , also very difficult to find.......which I found by pure luck :)

Am i right in thinking the ISV can build up muck over time and a good clean and back on is also a good quick fix?

Am i right in thinking the ISV can build up muck over time and a good clean and back on is also a good quick fix?

No guarantee - but yea that might help :)

Aye - certainly no harm in trying it before spending some money :)