ChargerCharger

Corrado poor staring when warm .

Hello guys I'm after some advice as my corrado vr6 is having troubles starting especially when warm .

It can turn over for 10-20 seconds sometimes before firing , it does always start eventually but isn't ideal !

I've replaced the following :

Starter

ECU Relay

Ignition switch .

All vag parts ^

I've had a mechanic look over the car but they said it could be the relay which I replaced but still no luck :(

The car does have a sticky ingnition barrel sometime , takes a few secs for key to turn but this isn't all the time .

The cars first start is fine it's mainly when it's warm or been stop started quickly ?

Please anyone have any suggestions ?

Could be blue temp sensor, fuel prob such as relay or leaky injector, Maf or split pipe. Had similar probs and turned out to be a split in the plastic intake.

Edited by CazzaVR

I've got a similar problem although mine starts after 5 or 6 seconds and only when left for around 15 minutes. It fires straight away when cold, and even when warm within the 15 minutes or so from switching off. I'm pretty sure mine is fuel related, and likely to be the FPR being unable to hold pressure in the rail for that time. Could be a similar issue for you mate.

Mine would'nt start sometimes when hot, give 15 to 20 mins and was fine, someone suggested fuel relay and as nobody had in stock local swapped for fuel relay in my wifes 1.2 Seat Ibiza, exactly same part number (relay 63 from memory) and been fine since. (Listen for fuel pump priming when hot if won't start if is'nt good chance it's relay and only a few quid, so worth swapping)

Got new one since but until read this forgot to swap my wifes back and put new one in, but my wifes Seat never had a problem with my VR6 dodgy one in, maybe because the Seat never gets as hot and does'nt overheat it.

I've got a similar problem although mine starts after 5 or 6 seconds and only when left for around 15 minutes. It fires straight away when cold, and even when warm within the 15 minutes or so from switching off. I'm pretty sure mine is fuel related, and likely to be the FPR being unable to hold pressure in the rail for that time. Could be a similar issue for you mate.

Mine does exactly this and I was also told it could be the FPR. I keep meaning to change it.