A.passap

New owner here

Hi guys I'm new on here....I've just brought my first corrado....needs a bit of work on it but it'll soon be on the road...I'll post some pics as the project unfolds....:cheers:

Thanks guys....still looking through the content on this forum...tis rather good:dance:

New to all this forum stuff so it's all new...anybody on here near to Sheffield?

Welcome to Corrado ownership and the forum!

What have you tried so far? I think you need to click 'settings' in the top right corner and then 'edit avatar' from the list on the left. From there you should have a couple of options... either from another website such as Flickr or upload from your computer. I think there are size limits for the photo. Not sure what they are, but if the photo won't upload try reducing the size and see if that helps?

Welcome to Corrado ownership and the forum!

What have you tried so far? I think you need to click 'settings' in the top right corner and then 'edit avatar' from the list on the left. From there you should have a couple of options... either from another website such as Flickr or upload from your computer. I think there are size limits for the photo. Not sure what they are, but if the photo won't upload try reducing the size and see if that helps?

Managed to sort it with yr help....good man

Not offended. There are a few of us on here but not that many! Anyway, now you've got your avatar sorted, you need to get a few more pics of your car up! Maybe start a members gallery thread so we can all see the progress you make? Good luck with it!

Welcome buddy, I'm new too (a month and a bit in). Everyone is really friendly and helpful :)

Also I'm from Leeds so not far from Sheffield at all (Y)

My Corrado is in the members gallery, but I've done a bit to it sinc the pics were taken when I took delivery :)

Welcome too - Your CCGB Membership Pack is in the post to you today as well!

Ian.

Thanks Ian, looking forward to seeing everyone at a meet in the coming months

Welcome buddy, I'm new too (a month and a bit in). Everyone is really friendly and helpful :)

Also I'm from Leeds so not far from Sheffield at all (Y)

My Corrado is in the members gallery, but I've done a bit to it sinc the pics were taken when I took delivery :)

Hi tony....cheers for the reply....I'm in Sheffield now for a few months only and then I will be relocating back to Wolverhampton but I will definitely be interested in knowing more about yr corrado...which model did you go for?

Hi tony....cheers for the reply....I'm in Sheffield now for a few months only and then I will be relocating back to Wolverhampton but I will definitely be interested in knowing more about yr corrado...which model did you go for?

Yeah mate well I might be in touch to meet up and chat C's haha!! I got the 1.8 16v as I paid nothing for it... Basically I had a clapped out Passat TDI estate (B4 1995 model woth no tax - although the model was rare) which I swapped for it. It's the only one in the country in this colour - think it's a custom SEAT colour (Kiwi Green but less luminous). Engine wasn't good at all when I got it, so I've sorted that and got all the settings right, only thing now is the cold start is a but iffy but runs a dream when warmed up. Replaced coolant pipes, rebuilt top end, polished the rocker cover and inlet manifold, painted the rocker in metallic Kawasaki Green after cleaning it. New dizzy and rotor arm, new plugs, new stereo etc etc. Drives a treat now but it's too low.. Bought some new wheels for it now (Kerscher carmona's 16 inch, 7.5j front and 9j rears) and I'm having an Audi A3 20vt engine put in it at end of month. I'm trying to update my Gallery thread but my photobucket is being crap and not letting me upload pics :(.

You got plans for yours??

Well my mate in the midlands has one with a r32 engine so he has vr6 engine shrink wrapped and sitting on a pallet in his garage....I'm gonna be having that but it's going to take me at least 6-7 months before I'm in a position to do that....for now I have the 2.0 16v which only owes me about 600....needs a bit of work done to it.

My plans are to cut out all rust and have it sorted, new exhaust system, good service, new plugs, and new fuel filter....it's running a bit lumpy of startup but I'm hoping the service and change of fuel filter will sort that.....we shall c!

I'm also trying to sort out some pictures but its also not letting me upload any? I think maybe its because the image size may be too large. Will have to experiment and try again.

Yeah mate I was gonna go the VR6 route, but I wanted something a teeny bit rarer and better for a daily. I'm gonna do a corrado VR6 setup in the MK2 Golf I have, preperation is done, just need the engine etc now as brakes and exhaust are done. Engine, gearbox and looms etc will be done next year or the end of this year if money allows it :)

There are a few in Sheffield, hope to see you around as I don't see a lot of Corrados on the roads around here.

There are a few in Sheffield, hope to see you around as I don't see a lot of Corrados on the roads around here.

Cheers for the reply tony......yeah I don't seem to see many in Sheffield to be honest....! Couldn't really believe it as where I'm from there a few people with them.

Where about in Sheffield are u from? Would love to get together and bounce ideas and get a actual owners perspective on things....mine is parked up in chesterfield at the moment as I've not got any mot to road tax on it ATM and no drive either:shrug: which obviously doesn't help my cause! Lol