carrots

door bells good wireless type needed

hi i live on the 1st floor of a block of 6 flats,the council are changing the front and rear main extrance doors to swipe card entry.they are also fitting cameras into the flats so you can see who is outside ringing your bell so you can buzz them into the building.the problem ive got is i own my flat so the council want £1300 off me for the work to install the camera into my flat.ive told them i dont want it done as its to expensive.so i thought if i bought a wireless doorbell, fitted it next to there main control panel outside people could ring that and i will go downstairs to let them in.ive ordered extra swipe cards for family so they can let themself into the the building .so can anyone recommend a good wireless door .cheers

Ours has a the button outside wired to the remote gubbins inside on the door frame, I doubt the council will allow you to drill holes through the door frame?

Wont a standalone door bell push be a magnet to kids to smash / press to annoy you?

i was going to buy a number plaque and screw the door bell to this then attach it to the wall.i dont have any trouble with kids where i live.i no it seems a lot of hassle but the £1300 the council want would keep the corrado running for a month lol

now that looks good and 200m range most only do 100m and a good make i used to have freidland when i lived in a house.cheers

Don't buy a "Byron" wireless door bell from B&Q and other such shops. My bell rings everytime the lad next door locks his saxo with the fob..!

(it's No.9 on my list of annoying things in my life that need sorting :D )