perky15

Supercharger or 263s

Hmmm, possibly not. I remember the old VF Engineering R32 kits ran 6 psi on stock 11.3:1 compression, but they probably pulled the timing way back to compensate.

For a 12V, I ran 12psi on mine without a spacer and stock head bolts, but I'd recommend a spacer & ARP bolts for anything over 8 personally.

Actually, some basic man maths puts an R32 at around 375hp from 8 psi of boost from a turbo, and about 330-350 from a charger, depending on parasitic losses.

You had a Q7 engine in your Bora?! Blimey, that sounds fun! How big was the engine? I knew R32s weren't terribly rapid before buying mine, but I'm in it for the long game :D Yeah that was what I had in mind too, around 350hp with a turbo or Rotrex. 8 psi from his royal turboness would get that easily and it's well under the stock intake bursting pressure too! I think you can even run the stock injectors at up to 350 horse too and it won't stress the MAF out too much either, so yeah, shouldn't be horribly expensive to do.

LOL, coming from the country where FedEx come to them to pick it up! Lazy sod.

Haha no I had a Q7 turbo from the 3 litre derv on my 1.9 and race injectors, spooled up almost the same as standard but with a lot more fun lol

Yeah I've heard the same about the injectors so the parts list for a SC would be pretty modest!

I've also been looking at remotely mounted turbos, have you ever looked into them much Kev?

I had a chat with Vince at Stealth when I was doing mine. He was saying that with a Vortech 6-8psi is ok without lowering comp but he did say if that at 8psi you'd need to watch it on a really hot day/track use.

For 6 psi you just need the charger and pipework + Map. For 8 psi you need injectors too and most likely some extra idler set up to help with belt slip on the smaller pulley.

The Phirm have done at least two 2.8 v6 4Motion Rotrex conversions which have produced some seriously impressive numbers - over 500hp. No change from £5k though. They've done a couple of Rotrex'd Mk4 R32s as well with even better results. 500hp is the new 400hp, so it would seem. And of course, the other major consideration when upping horsepower is brakes. Bl--dy great big ones!