VR6 Lee

Who owns CCGB

No-one owns it as such. We have a committee elected by our membership. Most senior position is the chairman, Paul Kippax - aka KIPVW on here. I may be able to help with any questions you may have though?

Could be hugely wrong but ... the members do. That's how it usually works anyway. If a club is wound up, any funds/assets get split amongst active members.

I'm honestly not sure what would happen with any surplus in the event the club were to fold. I guess we'd take a vote on it, and go from there. Either donating the entire lot to charity, or refunding members. The money certainly would not go to the committee. Just to be clear, committee members don't get any money from working in the club - only refunds for expenses occurred (e.g. posting items on club business, purchasing merchandise or equipment purchased for shows like banners, gazebo's). This sort of information is all documented in the expenses.

Is the CCGB running that slowly these days that it is on the verge of the ending?

Nope - not sure where the thread came from, or where the direction of conversation is going! :) Our membership level is pretty normal (and from what we've found very good compared to most 'single model' clubs) and things are going ok. I'm just trying to answer the OP's questions.

If the thread starter had attended the National Day with all its whistles and bells, or indeed looked at the pics posted pretty much on the main Corrado forums and individual member´s pages (where applicable), then the answer to the question of whether the CCGB is nearing its end is a resounding NO, I am pleased to say.

Not sure why this thread is necessary, but await any attempts by the thread starter of being enlightened, of course.

Tempest

No problem Lee :)

Other questions have been answered I think.. forums wise - well, the web master and a few committee members are admins / mods on the forums. Not much more to say than that really.

Oh I'm having a right laugh at this thread can everybody just calm down it look's like the thread is going a bit off piste.All Lee asked was who own's the ccgb nothing to do with if the club was going under.Simple answer to this thread is whoever "knows" who own's the ccgb please post up everybody else don't is that too much to ask ???................. Otherwise it is just going to keep going round in circles:)

I only asked who owns it as was wondering how forums are run/who owns it.

Lee, if you need any advice, get in touch mate, I've been running the VR6 Owners Club for over 10 years have just set up a new website / forum so if you want any advice or possibly wish to get involved with things then let me know :)

CCGB runs Joomla with several plug ins to get features such as forum, events calendar, pics area, log-in/membership renewals and loads of tools for admins to manage it all.

This is different to ¨just¨ running a forum. That´s why CrazyDave originally chose the Joomla platform to move things forward when he took over as webmaster few years ago. That solution has served the CCGB well.

Tempest

Most content management systems do the job, but 90% have really poor forum plugins, one reason I ditched e107 of using it for 10 years! Most users browse on mobile devices these days, so even software a few years old will struggle to reach out to the majority as everything moves to more "social" platforms.

I've just moved to invision power board with the various plugins for subscriptions, gallery, content etc...

It's always going to be more successful building a website of the back of a strong community / forum platform, and not the other way around due to forum plugin limitations that exists in most CMS's.

Lots to think about when choosing software but you need to view your analytics and see what devices users are accessing, no point going down a cul-de-sac like I was doing with e107 which hasn't seen any significant improvements in over 8 years!

I've been coding my own solutions over the years, so haven't felt the pinch, but the change in users seeking a more social platform has now meant moving to new software, not cheap mind, cost the club $300 so far in software but have already recovered that in memberships over the last few weeks, it's all fully automated so very little overhead which is quite key these days.

The new vr6oc software is brilliant and I now visit there a thousand percent more than I ever used to!

It's not too shabby :) one of the main reasons I went for it was because 4.0 is out in next few months and it's totally rewritten with support for @mention like on Facebook etc... So if you tag someone it appears in their notifications etc.. Much more social driven and that :)

Touchy subject?

Touchy subject?? for me no mate is no business of mine.I thought it was rather amusing watching certain member's it's just when someone ask's a simple question and there is someone who could post up but instead they either don't or post up a load of faff and not actually answering the question in the hope the faff is going to be enough.

All Lee asked was who own's the ccgb nothing to do with if the club was going under. Simple answer to this thread is whoever "knows" who own's the ccgb please post up everybody else don't is that too much to ask ???

Please enlighten us as to who has posted up incorrect information ...

The question was answered in the second reply.

Enough of this nonsense. I'm involved in the CCGB and even I get fed up with how often CCGB discussions spill over onto here, and usual descend into squabbling matches.

VR6 Lee - if you have any more club related questions you'd like answers to, I'll do my best to answer them or direct them to someone who can answer them. Please just PM me directly. Thanks.