Roger Chatfield

Strange ABS problem

No mate, had a few other issues to fix on the car first...lol...

Still got the spare pump gathering dust in the garage, a job for the new year now me thinks.

Did you ever sort yours mate?

Rog.

Not yet fella, the pump i fitted gave me the original fault code plus one extra for good measure. Looking to get the original pump refurbed now...

Mate, I've just re read through the whole post and was wondering if you just changed the pump or the whole abs unit.

The pump just provides the pressure so if it's gone I think you would get different faults.

The valves are actually contained in the module that is under the pump, I think yours and my problems are to do with one of the valves failing in the module.

I've got a replacment module and pump complete here ready to fit, I'm getting a module plug from Sean soon so will make a test rig to test the module valves, I'll fit it if it checks out ok.

In other news, I've also got just a module here, I'll check that out at the same time, if it's good and valves operate ok you are more than welcome to it.

Rog.

Hi Rog, yes correct replaced the whole unit. Interested to see how your testing goes, thanks for the offer of the replacement module