theroonloon

Newbie in Aberdeen.

Hello all.

So today I picked up my first Corrado. Nearly bought one years ago but now just getting round to scratch that itch.

It been a bit of a barn find really. The gentleman I bought it from has had it off the road for just over 2 years due to ill health and it was his weekend toy up till then.

So this little black 96 Corrado has only 80,000 miles on it, speed lines, black leather that need buckets of leather care poured on to it and no mods at all. No service book but a pile of receipts and paper work to back up the mileage all the way back to 97. But its not without it little problems. We'll more like in need of loving. I spent today putting on new door seals as he thought he lost the keys some time back and went at the door seal with a coat hanger. No leaks now. Leaking Heater matrix hose changed and new rear calliper as the good old seized one smoked its way bak home and toasted a set of pads. All changed.

Both strut top mounts are on there way out and a nice bong while on hard lock. I was going to change them until I found half a coil sitting in the coil cup so I'll wait until I get some new coils.

And this leads me to a problem. One of the rear struts is a bit weepy and all of them are looking like original items and probably on there way out. My problem is do I leave this standard Corrado standard or go for a full set and lower it a little bit? I want to drive it every day and not have to worry about it scrapping its face on bumps. Is 35mm lower enough to live with? Or standard?

I'll try and get some pics when it's not raining.

Ti look forward to getting to know my Corrado.

Nice low Mileage car, a good find.

I would def go a bit lower,35 mm is fairly sensible .