Roger Chatfield

Jacking up (no, not drugs...lol)

Evening fellow Corrado chums,

Quick question for you, what's the best way to jack up the front of the car? Not just one side but the whole of the front of the car ie, both wheels off the ground.

Rog.

Hi Mate.

If you look right under the front where the Subframe meets the Chassis there are 2 large brackets parallel with the floor, these have some bolts in them. I use this area as do many others, Use a piece of solid wood too for faster raising ;)

Kip

Noooooo don't do that! Use the wishbone mount if doing it a side at a time. If its too low to get your jack under, drive onto a bit of 2x4 or something. If you need both of, use the subframe Rog. Reason for not jacking at the sill, is that its pretty thin, and the underseal will get wrecked and create a perfect place for rust to start. Lots have been consigned to the scrapheap for this very reason.

edit; Not Kips reply, the one before.

Just jacked it up using the subframe like Sean mentioned, all good but whilst under the car I did noticed that the front subframe (the one the front engine mount is bolted to)looks pretty sturdy, anyone use this for jacking??

Rog.

Yeah the front cross member is pretty strong too tbh. I wouldn't do it personally as obviously you have weight on the engine and front end on top of the rest too. I'm sure it'd be fine though if you prefer.